Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommendation for dentist in south dublin city

Options
  • 04-02-2015 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hello - can anybody recommend a good dentist in south dublin city. Have a fear of dentists so need somebody who is gentle and won't give out to me for not going in a while... thanks

Comments

sillybilly wrote: »
    Hello - can anybody recommend a good dentist in south dublin city. Have a fear of dentists so need somebody who is gentle and won't give out to me for not going in a while... thanks

I had similar problem but it was more to do with injection in my mouth. Also not very good at regular attendance.
    I started going to Smiles in Tallaght. Dr. Lynch is brilliant, really gentle, never criticises and gives good advice. Cost wise, they are very competitive and I get 10% discount for having Aviva health insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I found the Portobello Clinic on Harrington St excellent.
    You're given a form and asked if you're nervous / havent been, and they were very professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Rathmines Dental are very good, will explain everything well and are v good dealing with nervous patients

http://www.rathminesdental.ie/contactus/

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Thumbs up from me for Shelbourne Dental Clinic, South Dock Road, D4.
    Shelbourneclinic.ie

Had the same fear as you but found everyone at the clinic so nice and reassuring. I attend Dr. Mark Kelly there and am a very happy, and less nervous customer!

Good luck whichever clinic you end up at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Patrick Hickey on Nassau Street is amazing. I was told I needed 8 fillings by a certain Chain of dentist clinics in Dublin. He told me I only needed 3 and that he was only going to use white fillings due to them being my first ones. He shows on a screen everything he is doing and he is super easy to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I found the Portobello Clinic on Harrington St excellent.
    You're given a form and asked if you're nervous / havent been, and they were very professional.

It's actually on South Circular! :pac:

Myself and my family use that dentist, my dad isn't great with dentists but he's always facilitated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Grafton St Dental Surgery. Dr Celine is brilliant and she is so funny, you'll be laughing so hard, you won't even feel the needles going in, teeth coming out etc etc. The clinic is above the Butlers chocolate shop, which also never fails to raise a chuckle. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The lecture is traditional. When asked "Do you floss ?"...just say "Yes. I also lie compulsively."
    Actually I like this chocolate shop dentist already. If I must be tortured a woman should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The lecture is traditional. When asked "Do you floss ?"...just say "Yes. I also lie compulsively."
    Actually I like this chocolate shop dentist already. If I must be tortured a woman should do it.

Celine is great. She doesn't do lectures. She offers up sound professional advice if you ask for it, but she doesn't make you feel like you are on a trip to the principals office. She is a real chatterbox too. She distracts you so well from what is going on, that it is half way over, before you realize that she has even started.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

hfallada wrote: »
    Patrick Hickey on Nassau Street is amazing. I was told I needed 8 fillings by a certain Chain of dentist clinics in Dublin. He told me I only needed 3 and that he was only going to use white fillings due to them being my first ones. He shows on a screen everything he is doing and he is super easy to deal with.

Couldn't agree with you more. I hate dentists and always avoided them. I was recommended to Pat and he is just superb.

Possibly the best recommendation I've ever had.

No affiliation etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement