Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtravision now renting Next Gen games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

That's a ridiculous price. In 3 weeks you could have the price of the full game, complete it at your leisure and sell it for €40-50 if you're that way inclined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/games/xtravision-updates-its-games-collection-with-nextgen-additions-30963667.html

From 6th February, you will be able to rent PS4 and Xbox One games from Xtravision. A tenner will get you a game for 3 nights.

Now, I haven't rented from XV in yonks but is that price good? I'd have no problem paying a tenner for a week but 20 for 1 week is a bit mad.

You'd likely take less of a loss if you bought it and trade it/sell it on with in that time scale on launch week.

last gen are around 7 for 3 nights I think wich is also crazy money. They do have those rental pass things but unless thats you're only means of watching movies/games then it's also poor value for money.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's a handy way to try the games though. €10 might save you from spending €60-70 on an actual purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Kiith wrote: »
    It's a handy way to try the games though. €10 might save you from spending €60-70 on an actual purchase.

Would be good as well if you got that tenner off if you decided to buy the game when returning it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That'd actually be a really good way to get people to buy games in Xtravision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Sounds ok to me. Very few other ways in which you could get 3 nights entertainment out of a tenner! Would be great for the odd SP player game that you like the look of but don't really want to purchase. Blast through the campaign and save yourself a packet.

When/if I get around to getting a PS4, I'd make use of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Always good for single player games, where you'd be done within a few hours...

Multiplayer games, not so much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

1. Buy top tier game for 50-60.

2. Play for 2-3 weeks.

3. Sell back to CeX for 45.

No thanks XV. Unless its a short SP game you would never play (and would be reflected in crap trade-in prices)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Corvo

I'll use this for the next Call of Duty, play through the campaign on a Friday night with a few beers (I hate the multiplayer) and fire it back into the shop.

Other than that, a bit of decent research, watch a few streams and refer to other boards.ie members threads on a game and you should be able to make a decent judgement on whether you want to fork out €60-€70 on a game. Which is exactly what I am doing now with Dying Light.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

This sounds like a good way of getting the Order as it's only a short campaign and no multiplayer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement