Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog eating grass

• 04-02-2015 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭

Dog was going mad to get out and eat grass last night. She spent around ten minutes eating grass then threw it all up. Also making snorting sounds. Any ideas what could be causing this? :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Dog was going mad to get out and eat grass last night. She spent around ten minutes eating grass then threw it all up. Also making snorting sounds. Any ideas what could be causing this? :(

One of mine eats grass regularly and the collie eats grass and nettles. I have seen wee dog act as yours is doing and she has been fine. Dogs seem to know when they need something? The snorting seem to be simply the noise of throwing up.. gross!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

They eat the grass for the express purpose of throwing up. Something must have upset her stomach enough to make her want to do it. Cats will also do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

They eat the grass for the express purpose of throwing up. Something must have upset her stomach enough to make her want to do it. Cats will also do the same.

Hmmmm she did snaffle some cat food when I wasn't looking, and had been fine before that. The crazy grass eating started about five minutes after alright. I was worried though because the snorting thing continued, like she had something caught in her throat.

not always; mine eat grass frequently with no throwing up.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Hmmmm she did snaffle some cat food when I wasn't looking, and had been fine before that. The crazy grass eating started about five minutes after alright. I was worried though because the snorting thing continued, like she had something caught in her throat.

if you think bout it we make some strange noises when we barf and as long as that stopped when the throwing up ended..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Graces7 wrote: »
    if you think bout it we make some strange noises when we barf and as long as that stopped when the throwing up ended..

No she was still at it after. Good bit better last night and better this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

the snorting was probably reverse sneezing ,

Advertisement