Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Split nose saddles

Options
  • 04-02-2015 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭

So after a long turbo the weekend and a long time on the saddle (ISM time trial) I'm not 100% sure I like it. Feels too wide or too hard, or maybe a bit of both. I've tried normal non cut out saddles before and they are ok on the road bike but not the TT bike.

Has anyone tried the Fizik tirtone split saddle or the specialized sitero saddle? How do you find the width of these saddles? Or even better has anyone moved from an ISM to another saddle they would recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

I had a bike fit done on my TT bike yesterday evening and the first thing they did was to use cable ties to make the nose of my ISM saddle narrower. It was causing problems where I was not getting my knees in closer to the frame when cycling.

This is a common trick people do with a lot of those saddles from what they said. You need to use strong cable ties and it will make the nose narrower.

Might be worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

joey100 wrote: »
    So after a long turbo the weekend and a long time on the saddle (ISM time trial) I'm not 100% sure I like it. Feels too wide or too hard, or maybe a bit of both. I've tried normal non cut out saddles before and they are ok on the road bike but not the TT bike.

Has anyone tried the Fizik tirtone split saddle or the specialized sitero saddle? How do you find the width of these saddles? Or even better has anyone moved from an ISM to another saddle they would recommend?
    Hi Joey,

I switched to the ISM road saddle last season. To be honest it takes a little while to adjust to it. More specifically the two arse bones (i wait be be corrected on the correct naming :-).
    From what i see the ISM racing 2 is 130mm wide compared to the TT which is 135mm.
    I found that the less padding the better. I can only wear tri shorts - cycling bibs/shorts have too much padding and cause friction etc. I'd go without any padding before wearing cycling bibs.
    A 3 hr turbo don't allow for the same type movements etc as road so i'd hold out for a bit longer before switching. Like anything new they need a bit of time to adapt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Cheers Rodney, I've had the saddle around 2 years or more now. Know what your saying about the shorts, I only wear tri shorts on it too otherwise its too bulky. Not sure what it is I don't like about it, hard to explain but never really feel that comfortable on it. I'll try the cable tie trick and see if it's any better!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Shockingly they are called sitting bones 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Ceepo

I also found the ism saddle to wide and hard for my little arse.
    Using a Profile design TT saddle now. Feels like sitting on armchair in comparison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 emmk

I had a sitero 3hrs+ found it caused issues changed to a cobb jof55 like it heeps.
    Before sitero I specialized TT saddle.

Other than that its early in the season. Base2 Race rent saddles for you to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

I have the Sitero, its fine for sprint and olympic distances races.
    I've done 70.3 and IM distance races on it and have gotten very sore towards end of the cycle, first15-20 mins on run very uncomfortable too. Its fine for long training spins, I suppose because I'd be sitting up more, relieving the pressure a bit.

Going to try an ISM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I use the cable tie trick on the Adamo myself and love it.

Advertisement