Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What nano sim are people using for 3G with their iPad air and air2?

• 04-02-2015 2:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

After waiting several weeks for Tesco mobile to send me out a nano sim for mobile broadband, they tell me yesterday they don't actually do them and I'm the first person to ever ask for one! I looked at Vodafone and they also only seem to have the micro sim.

The Tesco 3mth, 3gig plan for €15 suits me perfectly. They are going to send me out a micro sim to try & cut down, but I was was wondering what others with a wifi+3G are using for Internet when out & about. I really don't want to go down the tethering/hotspot route as that's what I'm doing currently and find it a pain (and I will need to increase my data on my mobile phone plan).

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

mel.b wrote: »
    After waiting several weeks for Tesco mobile to send me out a nano sim for mobile broadband, they tell me yesterday they don't actually do them and I'm the first person to ever ask for one! I looked at Vodafone and they also only seem to have the micro sim.

The Tesco 3mth, 3gig plan for €15 suits me perfectly. They are going to send me out a micro sim to try & cut down, but I was was wondering what others with a wifi+3G are using for Internet when out & about. I really don't want to go down the tethering/hotspot route as that's what I'm doing currently and find it a pain (and I will need to increase my data on my mobile phone plan).

You get a mobile broadband micro sim and a nano phone sim. Ring and ask Tescomobile support to transfer the number etc across to the phone sim. They did it for me, no hassle. I think you have to pay for the sims, but they credit it to your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I did get a nano phone sim sent out originally. When I rang them to get it changed over / activated ( as I have previously had the Tesco micro broadband sim in my old iPad and would be able to carry over the used credit) I was told that it was a phone sim and couldn't be used on the mobile broadband plans. She was going to order me a nano broadband sim and it's only now after it not turning up that I rang to find out where it was to be told they don't do them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

mel.b wrote: »
    I did get a nano phone sim sent out originally. When I rang them to get it changed over / activated ( as I have previously had the Tesco micro broadband sim in my old iPad and would be able to carry over the used credit) I was told that it was a phone sim and couldn't be used on the mobile broadband plans. She was going to order me a nano broadband sim and it's only now after it not turning up that I rang to find out where it was to be told they don't do them.

Ring again, they did it for me no problem. Its only a sim card, they can transfer the relevant plan onto the number. Took about 10 minutes all told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

I have an iPad air 1 and am using an O2 sim. 15gm per month at €17 per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Do tesco do 4G?

I'd seriously consider moving to tesco if they did (would have to hack the carrier string though so I wouldn't look cheap :P)

• Advertisement
Advertisement