Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc securewatch

Options
  • 04-02-2015 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭

Hi Guy,
    I have a hkc alarm fitted in the house since circa 2004.
    I would like to be able to part set the door tampers and leave the pirs off for when we are in the house.
    Also would like to know what options I have for arming and disarming it form my phone.
    OH and a manual would be handy!!
    Not asking alot am I :D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Hi OP,
    Firstly I wonder has a part set function been set up on your system. Usually with the panel you have it is either 0#7 ( & code if it asks for it after you press these buttons) or 0#8 ( again followed by code if asked ). Do you have any recollection of ever using these codes on the system?

With regard to remote functionality of that panel, then what you need is a HKC text dialler. When fitted correctly the unit will notify you via SMS and allow you control of the system again by text.
    Apps will not work with it as it is too old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Redriddick

kub wrote: »
    Hi OP,
    Firstly I wonder has a part set function been set up on your system. Usually with the panel you have it is either 0#7 ( & code if it asks for it after you press these buttons) or 0#8 ( again followed by code if asked ). Do you have any recollection of ever using these codes on the system?

With regard to remote functionality of that panel, then what you need is a HKC text dialler. When fitted correctly the unit will notify you via SMS and allow you control of the system again by text.
    Apps will not work with it as it is too old.

No never had the option to part set on it.
    I have tried them but the pir still set it off.
    How much would it cost to upgrade the panel.

Well for a reprogramming of the system, you don't really need to upgrade your panel.

I am just wondering, is it just beams and door contacts that you have in the house?

For costs I would suggest that you start with a quote from your original installer, then if you wish get 2 others from other PSA licenced installers in your area.
    You could upgrade to something like the HKC 10/70, it has a brilliant app, granted it costs as other posters here point out but in all my years in this industry I think it is fantastic. I notice that if HKC tick all the boxes and in my honest opinion I think that Risco, Siemens etc are all compromises one way or another technologically speaking.

Yes its just beams and contacts that I have in the house.
    Can this be upgraded by myself???

Well in a word yes, if you feel you are capable of it.
    The only issue if you are going with APP control with HKC then an installer as recognised by them is the person who can commission that dialer unit.

• Advertisement

What would you recommend I do.
    Get a hkc 1070 or go with an alternative brand.
    Really would like an app maybe for handiness.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Go for an alternative brand like Siemens, Risco, GSD.

You can set up apps with these without the need to pay for the apps you download or pay any subscriptions. With HKC you will have to pay €60 per year.
    Risco & Siemens also have the added benefit that you can access them from any web browser if you are somewhere without mobile data.

Thanks for that,
    So I have 3 door contacts and 4 pir in the house,can anyone advise what I should buy to replace the hkc system with either of the above????

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

REW
    Northwood Technology
    RWL
    Borsatec
    All have Siemens
    GSD is a little harder to source through distribution. Where are you located?

Midlands

• Advertisement

I'm sure Northwood would arrange shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

KoolKid wrote: »
    Go for an alternative brand like Siemens ,Risco & GSD.

You can set up apps with these without the need to pay for the apps you download or pay any subscriptions. With HKC you will have to pay €60 per year.
    Risco & Siemens also have the added benefit that you can access them from any web browser if you are somewhere without mobile data.

Just Curious are the apps for the alternative systems Siemes / Risco etc as user friendly as the HKC? The HKC looks dead simple and easy to use.
    Would you have a link to their Phone app programes or screen shots or do you actually have to make an app yourself?
    HKC Phone app below in operation
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJySQDN3daM

All apps are very user friendly.
    I am mobile at the moment so I don't have links.
    In the app stores search
    IRisco
    GSD alarm
    Spc Connect

Compared to some of the above I find the HKC app very basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

ronan45 wrote: »
    Just Curious are the apps for the alternative systems Siemes / Risco etc as user friendly as the HKC? The HKC looks dead simple and easy to use.
    Would you have a link to their Phone app programes or screen shots or do you actually have to make an app yourself?
    HKC Phone app below in operation
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJySQDN3daM

Did you have a chance to view the other apps?

Links to Apps.

Android Play Store

Siemens SPC Connect
    iRisco
    GSD

App Store

SPC Connect
    iRisco
    GSD

Links to Apps.

Android Play Store

Siemens SPC Connect
    iRisco
    GSD

App Store

SPC Connect
    iRisco
    GSD

Has GSD got a demo account for the app?

I'm sure they have.
    I use my Dem Kits so I'm not sure what it is. Give them a shout, I'm sure they will look after you.

I'm sure they have.
    I use my Dem Kits so I'm not sure what it is. Give them a shout, I'm sure they will look after you.

Not for myself, for people who want to look at the app you linked too.

Not sure tbh.
    I will check with them and come back.

Not sure tbh.
    I will check with them and come back.

Checked today and they don't have a virtual site set up for the app.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the update, I'll chase them up for something.

Thanks for the update, I'll chase them up for something.

Yeah Paul was working on it today.
    Going to be a while to set it up.

Should be fairly simple. Stick a panel in a corner & plug it into the LAN.
    Might set up one myself if they are making a project out of it.:P

Should be fairly simple. Stick a panel in a corner & plug it into the LAN.
    Might set up one myself if they are making a project out of it.:P

Not that easy as if you connect and set it then some one else wants to connect and do something different while you are showing a client.
    A virtual demo would be best in my opinion.

Thats the beauty of cloud connections multiple connections are possible.
    But if I was doing a dem or something I would be using my dem kit in the van not a panel sitting in a corner somewhere.
    Risco have theirs on a live system & I have never had any problems like that.

Its for people to see the app you linked to working.
    A demo does not have to be a working system, that why I said a virtual system.

I know.
    Siemens one works like that, Riscos one is a live system. Never had any issue with either.
    Like I said I might set one up in a corner myself. If it gets that popular that I have to worry about conflicts I'll be chuffed.

I know.
    Siemens one works like that, Riscos one is a live system. Never had any issue with either.
    Like I said I might set one up in a corner myself. If it gets that popular that I have to worry about conflicts I'll be chuffed.

Not as much as GSD would.
    I was looking for them to give one to put on boards so potential customers could use and see how it works. If people where to log in at the same time is where the conflict will start. Same with doing the same myself with a panel in the corner.

Must get them to give Richard a call in Risco and see how they manage it.

• Advertisement

Must get them to give Richard a call in Risco and see how they manage it.

I am sure the lads will come up with something.

Advertisement