Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc securewatch

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Basic package 8 hours for Complete system failure.
    Premium 90 mins for Complete system failure.

Each path fail is notified via another path regardless of the times. So if your WiFi is disconnected you'll be notified over the gsm and vice versa.

Existing sites are not affected .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Way too slow IMO.
    Your house could be destroyed in 90 minutes.

Considering a monitored house alarm does a test call once every 24 hours where as the siemens system doesnt poll, 90 minutes isnt too bad. The Siemens panel works the same as you've said each path fail is notified over another path. And Siemens won't alert you of a complete failure. But yes I agree the times are still too slow.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Siemens does Poll
    See the sticky here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057394782

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Right its been awhile.
    I have got another quote for ths hkc panel 10/70 plus GSM - SecureComm w\World Sim for €305 and fitting myself.
    Can I reuse the exsiting PIR and door contacts???
    Getting it very hard to get a quote for the siemens as they all say they only supply the trade!!!

• Advertisement

Most will say that over the phone but they will sell to you. You can use your existing wired devices . Where are you located?

I am in the midlands

I could probably arrange collection or delivery for you if you are stuck.

Cheers Koolkid.I need to get a price for the siemens panel and see how it compares,I really need to get this sorted as my better half has gone back to work and no one in the house during the day now!!!!!

Mod Edit

KK.

I can't stop people PM's each other to help each other out, that all works well. But I took this down as someone might misinterpret the text over time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 GMEG

Residential Options

Premium - €8.99 per month (Incl. VAT)
    Managed World SIM
    Unlimited App control + notifications
    SMS control + notifications, fair usage limit 100 messages per month
    (* Alarm activations only)
    Voice dialler notifications
    Monitoring to Central Station
    (GSM-SC Only)
    Loss of connectivity reported to central station
    (GSM-SC Only)
    Loss of connectivity to site detected within 90 min

Can someone please explain how the "Loss of connectivity to site within 90 min" works? I'm thinking in terms of someone using a GSM blocker to block me from being alerted of a break in.

Is it correct that polling will take place every 90 mins to the HKC central station and if a poll is missed by them, HKC will alert you?

How will HKC alert you for the above? And will it alert multiple people? Will the alarm go off?

If you lose connectivity from your own device / phone only due to loss of signal of your mobile provider are you alerted? If so, would it be the same way as the polling alert above (e.g. generic loss of connection message) or can you tell the two alerts apart?

The panel is polling the server. If the server misses polls for the defined you are notified.
    IMO 90 minutes is crazy for a paid service considering the free offerings from GSD and Siemens can be 5 minutes and less than 3 minutes respectively.

Over WiFi HKCs is about 10 minutes I think. I'll do a test tomorrow.

10 minutes for which system?

GMEG wrote: »
    Can someone please explain how the "Loss of connectivity to site within 90 min" works? I'm thinking in terms of someone using a GSM blocker to block me from being alerted of a break in.

Is it correct that polling will take place every 90 mins to the HKC central station and if a poll is missed by them, HKC will alert you?

How will HKC alert you for the above? And will it alert multiple people? Will the alarm go off?

If you lose connectivity from your own device / phone only due to loss of signal of your mobile provider are you alerted? If so, would it be the same way as the polling alert above (e.g. generic loss of connection message) or can you tell the two alerts apart?

The alarm panel polls the HKC server . if the server doesn't hear from the panel within 90mins over GSM HKCs server will alert your phone. Its a shorter time if using the WiFi card. I'll do a test tomorrow to find the exact time.

KoolKid wrote: »
    10 minutes for which system?

HKC

So if polls are missing HKC notify you after 10 minutes?

So if polls are missing HKC notify you after 10 minutes?

Like I said if using a WiFi card. I've noticed it to be much quicker reporting compared to using a GSM regardless of your package. I will do a test tomorrow to get the exact time.

I would be very interested to know when you get notifications on a poll fail with HKC. I was under the impression it was 8 hours or similar on the lower packages.

I would be very interested to know when you get notifications on a poll fail with HKC. I was under the impression it was 8 hours or similar on the lower packages.

That's over GPRS. I'm on about the LAN and WiFi card poll times.

• Advertisement

So if there is a communication failure on a HKC system (regardless of path) how long before you get a notification

So if there is a communication failure on a HKC system (regardless of path) how long before you get a notification

If you have a proper read you'll see that I've mentioned a few times I will test tomorrow to get accurate times. The path you choose dictates the alert time so it has to be taken Into consideration.

Thank you.
    I am very interested to see how it compares to GSD at 5 minutes and Siemens /Vanderbilt to 3 minutes or lower without the need for any annual charges.

Advertisement