Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Every accomplishment starts with a decision to try

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Comfortably numb is the Floyd track of choice when my arse/glute gets very tight :)

TbL

Would have thought it was wish you were here (tang) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Would have thought it was wish you were here (tang) ;)

Could be a toss up between 'young lust' or 'dont leave me now' but that might make tang 'run like hell' :D

Saturday 29th August timekeeper @ cabinteely parkrun - clearly this weeks RD missed the part of my log where I can't operate a watch properly :p managed not to mess this up thankfully :D weather played ball too. Followed by:

6 miles @ 10.03 including 3.1 miles of rathfarnham 5k route. Some sections of the route are very fast but there is one small hill and a long enough drag. Its also very exposed with the sun beating right down on top of me today it was roasting hot with very little shelter. Will give it a shot anyway :) Got back to the car and the heavens opened so delighted to have missed the biblical downpour! Legs/hip/foot feeling ok still.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Firedance wrote: »
    Saturday 29th August timekeeper @ cabinteely parkrun - clearly this weeks RD missed the part of my log where I can't operate a watch properly :p managed not to mess this up thankfully :D weather played ball too.

:D Oh timekeeper is too much responsibility for me. I stopped just short of breaking the scanner this morning :o
    6 miles @ 10.03 including 3.1 miles of rathfarnham 5k route. Some sections of the route are very fast but there is one small hill and a long enough drag. Its also very exposed with the sun beating right down on top of me today it was roasting hot with very little shelter. Will give it a shot anyway :) Got back to the car and the heavens opened so delighted to have missed the biblical downpour! Legs/hip/foot feeling ok still.

It's fast in that it's net downhill, but not quite Jingle Bells fast. Great that you're pain free, bring on next Saturday :D

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    :D Oh timekeeper is too much responsibility for me. I stopped just short of breaking the scanner this morning :o quote]

:D how did you nearly do that? we dont get the numbers you get in st annes so everything is that bit less pressurised - although I did almost have heart failure when we thought the watch wasn't going to upload :eek: :D

Glad I got my run in before this storm!!

:D how did you nearly do that? we dont get the numbers you get in st annes so everything is that bit less pressurised - although I did almost have heart failure when we thought the watch wasn't going to upload :eek: :D

Between soggy barcodes (ew!), tokens not scanning and the lengthy queues I thought the scanner would die of exhaustion :rolleyes:. I got my run done in the sunshine earlier too, happy days :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

It was all under control :P:D
    Great job on the timing, looks like everyone got their correct time!

BG, no room for one trick ponies in Cabinteely :p

menoscemo wrote: »
    It was all under control :P:D
    Great job on the timing, looks like everyone got their correct time!

it was yeah! :D:D I need a glass bottle of wine to settle my nerves now :p next time I'm just gonna run, much easier :pac:

thanks for the tips for next week too!

I am an accomplished cheerleader though, with a range of motivational shout-outs ? Can supply references.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

I am an accomplished cheerleader though, with a range of motivational shout-outs ? Can supply references.

I can vouch for that, although not always visible :p

Don't think cheerleader is an official volunteer role though.

• Advertisement

I hope Anna is not one of your referees :p
    annapr wrote: »
    I can vouch for that, although not always visible :p

Don't think cheerleader is an official volunteer role though.

its in addition to whatever other role you're carrying out, we take cheer leading very seriously on the ss :) its what gets people up the hill 3 times!!!!!!

Sunday 30th August Semi Final day :pac:

not to be outdone by the lads I planned a rundate with annapr who had her 18 miler today, I had a measly 8 to do. Met in the PP and she had a surprise with her in the form of aquinn who was also out for her run. No flowers, or chocolates or anyone undressing (!) just straight down to the job of running, there may have been some conversation thrown in just to break the silences :D:D spotted lots of running groups out in the park this morning, we really are getting close to marathon day! Aquinn left us after 2.5 miles and we continued on through the park via the s bends into the fury glen and back through the trails at farmleigh.
    in the end I did 11 miles @ 10.40 avg hr 150 so a little over the 8 in my plan but its 6 days to the race so I can take it easy for the rest of the week now. Anna I hope you walked when you hit 18 miles! I stopped the watch at the ashtown gate & walked to the car as didn't want to completely overdo it. Very enjoyable couple of hours, thank you for the company ladies :)

looking forward to an afternoon on the couch to watch the match UP THE DUBS!!!!

edit to say we passed Sonia O'Sullivan on the way through the S-bends, she looked in very good shape although she was sweating - like a normal person :rolleyes:

Sunday 30th August Semi Final day :pac:

not to be outdone by the lads I planned a rundate with annapr who had her 18 miler today, I had a measly 8 to do. Met in the PP and she had a surprise with her in the form of aquinn who was also out for her run. No flowers, or chocolates or anyone undressing (!) just straight down to the job of running, there may have been some conversation thrown in just to break the silences :D:D spotted lots of running groups out in the park this morning, we really are getting close to marathon day! Aquinn left us after 2.5 miles and we continued on through the park via the s bends into the fury glen and back through the trails at farmleigh.
    in the end I did 11 miles @ 10.40 avg hr 150 so a little over the 8 in my plan but its 6 days to the race so I can take it easy for the rest of the week now. Anna I hope you walked when you hit 18 miles! I stopped the watch at the ashtown gate & walked to the car as didn't want to completely overdo it. Very enjoyable couple of hours, thank you for the company ladies :)

looking forward to an afternoon on the couch to watch the match UP THE DUBS!!!!

edit to say we passed Sonia O'Sullivan on the way through the S-bends, she looked in very good shape although she was sweating - like a normal person :rolleyes:

I wasn't going to mention that she was sweating, but I was impressed by that! and to say we passed her... to be clear, she was going the opposite direction :)

Thanks for the company, very enjoyable run!

I wasn't going to mention that she was sweating, but I was impressed by that! and to say we passed her... to be clear, she was going the opposite direction :)

Thanks for the company, very enjoyable run!

if people wanted to take something else from my phrasing well :p now you've ruined it :D:D

Devastated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

It's ok, it's just a warmup for next Saturday. We needed a good fight match to get ready for Kerry :D

racheljev wrote: »
    It's ok, it's just a warmup for next Saturday. We needed a good fight match to get ready for Kerry :D

thanks rachel that's a good point!! was so upset I went out and chopped down a tree* :D

*the tree needed chopping, turns out the match was the kick in the arse I needed to do it

thanks rachel that's a good point!! was so upset I went out and chopped down a tree* :D

*the tree needed chopping, turns out the match was the kick in the arse I needed to do it

....remind me never to upset you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Ha ha!!! Ye're still in it, even though it was plainly obvious that ye had Joe McQuillin paid off but less said about that I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

tang1 wrote: »
    Ha ha!!! Ye're still in it, even though it was plainly obvious that ye had Joe McQuillin paid off but less said about that I suppose.

Are ya mad? OH came home from Croker and the first thing he said was "Well McQuillin was the Mayo man of the match anyway" :mad: (Although to be honest, I think he was equally wojus for both teams.)

did you see the part where I said I'd just chopped down a tree?? am too fragile/not ready for messin :D and now the friggin replay is on the same day as my race, how am I supposed to concentrate on getting PB with that hanging over my head??!!!! #stressedout

racheljev wrote: »
    Are ya mad?

The foul for the penalty happened outside the square, Philly McMahon should have walked as should Cluxton for kicking Aidan O Sea, I could go on.

The foul for the penalty happened outside the square, Philly McMahon should have walked as should Cluxton for kicking Aidan O Sea, I could go on.

don't

Good man tang, I was beginning to think I had been imagining things :P. I'd say the ref was not with one side or the other, he was just plain woeful all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

jaysus...........

these anti dubs with the blinkers on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Good man tang, I was beginning to think I had been imagining things :P. I'd say the ref was not with one side or the other, he was just plain woeful all round.

thats just it - he was terrible for both.

jaysus...........

these anti dubs with the blinkers on!

Now you know how we feel ;)

oh yeah, It seems you may have been doing just that :D:D in fairness I said exactly that for the Tyrone match, ref was unfair to you on numerous occasions - see, we can be supportive of other teams!!!

thats just it - he was terrible for both.

slightly more terrible for us though :pac:

hopefully Cluxton will have a better day at the office next week

hopefully Cluxton will have a better day at the office next week

He has only himself to blame really, he did get some early kicking practise in with O Shea!

• Advertisement

He has only himself to blame really, he did get some early kicking practise in with O Shea!

Ah sure O'Shea deserves a good kick :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Was on Skype to my family yesterday evening & my sister is not too happy that the replay will be clashing with her wedding ;), the dinner starts at 5pm. She doesn't like the idea of being stressed out at this important time ....

Was on Skype to my family yesterday evening & my sister is not too happy that the replay will be clashing with her wedding ;), the dinner starts at 5pm. She doesn't like the idea of being stressed out at this important time ....

she should know better than to plan a wedding before the champo is over :D

Monday 31st August 4.14 miles @ 10:15 avg hr 150. Lunchtime run with aquinn, rained half way through which was actually lovely and refreshing. Legs felt a smidge tired after yesterdays run but felt good aerobically. Thanks for the company as always a!

Not a great start to the week mentally. Very poor sleep last night, tossed & turned all night thinking about races & pacing :rolleyes::rolleyes: Got up this morning and went through my August miles thinking that I'd feel better when I looked back over the training. I lost a week after the disaster of RNR so mileage for the month is only 126.2 including today's 4 miles compared to 142.5 last month so I haven't done the miles I should have coming into this race, I've only had 3 speed sessions one of which wasn't what it should have been so the negative thoughts far outweighing anything else. There's nothing I can do at this point now anyway. I just need to do the best that I can with the work that I've done and see what the result is. If I could turn off my brain now that would be great - also, it seems that no matter how many pace calculators I look at the maths are still the same....

plan for this week is 4 miles (today) 5 miles (tomorrow) S&C(wed) 4 miles with strides (thurs) rest, race.

Jan 2015 | 0
    Feb 2015 | 50
    March 2015 | 85.07
    April 2015 | 97.65
    May 2015 | 125.7
    June 2015 | 73.7
    July 2015 |142.51
    Aug 2015 | 126.2

OR.....You could consider that it's your second highest mileage month of the year, remember the recent sessions that you nailed and embrace the fact that you are running pain free ? PMA, isn't that what we were telling the novices last week ;) ? You'll have a good race, I have a sixth sense about these things :D

OR.....You could consider that it's your second highest mileage month of the year, remember the recent sessions that you nailed and embrace the fact that you are running pain free ? PMA, isn't that what we were telling the novices last week ;) ? You'll have a good race, I have a sixth sense about these things :D

yes, you're right of course, thanks :) hopefully a good nights sleep will see a more positive frame of mind!!

Tuesday 1st September Does anyone else get that 'have I forgotten to do my homework' :eek: feeling, even though its about 100 years since I left school :D

Slept like the dead last night after some more tree trimming/garden clearing yesterday eve so feeling much more human today.

5.2 miles @ 11:12 avg hr 134 kept this veery slow & easy, concentrated on form, running tall and engaging core, and breathing, found a nice slow comfortable pace early on and worked at keeping the effort level the same. All ok, slight niggle still in my right IT band, I think this is from me working on my form and therefore changing it slightly so using different muscles. Will monitor that..

Thursday 3rd Sept 4.1 miles @ 10:37 followed by 3 x 100m strides. legs feeling a bit tired today (along with the rest of me!) but the strides felt fantastic :) wanted to do a load more so hopefully will feel the same on Saturday morning!

Thursday 3rd Sept 4.1 miles @ 10:37 followed by 3 x 100m strides. legs feeling a bit tired today (along with the rest of me!) but the strides felt fantastic :) wanted to do a load more so hopefully will feel the same on Saturday morning!

you taking tomorrow off as a rest day? you will be flying on Saturday :D

I doubt that.... as I said to Ms Quinn, bring a warm jumper so you don't get cold waiting for me (provided you DO wait :eek:)

• Advertisement

I doubt that.... as I said to Ms Quinn, bring a warm jumper so you don't get cold waiting for me (provided you DO wait :eek:)

Don't worry, we'll be there... you'll be grand, no bother to you!

....unless it's raining of course... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

annapr wrote:
    ....unless it's raining of course...

I checked the map earlier to see where we could hit Anna, turns out it's around a lake?

aquinn wrote: »
    I checked the map earlier to see where we could hit Anna, turns out it's around a lake?

No bother to you Aoife, just bring the boat!

P.S. What part of 'The Lakes 10K' gave it away ?

No bother to you Aoife, just bring the boat!

P.S. What part of 'The Lakes 10K' gave it away ?

Eh, it's a one person boat....

...thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

annapr wrote:
    Eh, it's a one person boat....

There have been times it's better off without me as it's been safer on it's own.

Anna with the lake obstacle looks like we will be having coffee and cake at the finish. We'll see them all there?

Not sure exactly which of anna, aquinn and FD are running (I think FD for sure), but anyway good luck to all! (from a lazy dosser enjoying the shops and restaurants and pubs of Dublin :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Not sure exactly which of anna, aquinn and FD are running (I think FD for sure), but anyway good luck to all! (from a lazy dosser enjoying the shops and restaurants and pubs of Dublin :))

+1 (except for the dosser part :pac:) (hides)

myself and ms. quinn are planning cheerleading duties, but starting to realise that we should have picked a race closer to civilisation.... we might have to bring coffee and cake with us...

myself and ms. quinn are planning cheerleading duties, but starting to realise that we should have picked a race closer to civilisation.... we might have to bring coffee and cake with us...

Bring a snack for while you're watching, then slip quietly round the finish and no-one will notice you having one of the famous cakes ;)

• Advertisement

Bring a snack for while you're watching, then slip quietly round the finish and no-one will notice you having one of the famous cakes ;)

ah here! its only 10K, they won't be hanging around toooooo long :D and under no circumstances are they to eat my PB muffin!!!!

Advertisement