If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about a receiver I bought from you guys ages ago

Options
  • 04-02-2015 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

I have an Onkyo TX-SR607 7.2 receiver (almost 6yrs old) and have noticed that the Surround Back Right channel has some noise on it. I've eliminated the cable and speaker being the problem so it appears to be the receiver itself.
    The receiver has an unused set of speaker channels that are meant for Zone2/Front High so I was wondering if it is possible to tell the receiver to use those for Surround Back, in case that might make a difference?
    I've scanned the manual and didn't come up with anything so am not too hopeful.
    First time I noticed the noise I thought it was heavy rain lashing against the windows in the back room (receiver in front room). Ignored it for that reason but now that I know where the problem is it's getting progressively annoying.
    If I can't do a channel switch then what would be a good replacement for this old relic and how many pennies should I start saving?
    If I am replacing it I might do the TV along with it - currently on a Sony KDL-40W5500 which is six months older than the receiver. :eek: 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Codpeas wrote: »
    I have an Onkyo TX-SR607 7.2 receiver (almost 6yrs old) and have noticed that the Surround Back Right channel has some noise on it. I've eliminated the cable and speaker being the problem so it appears to be the receiver itself.
    The receiver has an unused set of speaker channels that are meant for Zone2/Front High so I was wondering if it is possible to tell the receiver to use those for Surround Back, in case that might make a difference?
    I've scanned the manual and didn't come up with anything so am not too hopeful.
    First time I noticed the noise I thought it was heavy rain lashing against the windows in the back room (receiver in front room). Ignored it for that reason but now that I know where the problem is it's getting progressively annoying.
    If I can't do a channel switch then what would be a good replacement for this old relic and how many pennies should I start saving?
    If I am replacing it I might do the TV along with it - currently on a Sony KDL-40W5500 which is six months older than the receiver. :eek: 
    Hi Codpeas.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this.

Unfortunately the other terminals would not double up as rears.

For a replacement you could look at the Onkyo 636 which is priced at 629.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12740-txnr636.aspx

Or we have a cracking deal at the minute on our clearance thread for the Onkyo 535 for JUST £199.95 (limited stock)
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12741-onkyo-txnr535.aspx

Delivery would be £6.99

On the screen you could stick with Sony as they have produced some very nice screens this year.
    Sony KDL42W705 priced at 569.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12697-sony.aspx

Or the Sony KDL42W829 coming in at 649.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200226-bravia-kdl42w829b.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Any questions please ask.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.