Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer chair

Options
  • 04-02-2015 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I apologise if this is in the wrong section i couldnt find anywhere better to post it.

Im looking to buy a new chair for when im at the pc at home,i play alot of PC games but also relax and watch movies on my PC, so im looking for something big and comfy that reclines but also suportive when upright,

All the chairs that ive seen on amazon that suit this dont deliver to ireland so im wondering if any1 knows of a good place to buy one, preferably online but im in the meath area if anyone knows a store

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭IrlMonk

Nice, it's on my wanted list now

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MADFI5H

yea those are pretty cool, i taught about going for a racer chair but decided something more office executive type wud suit me better also was hoping to keep the price around the 100e mark

Id link an example but boards wont allow me yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

MADFI5H wrote: »
    yea those are pretty cool, i taught about going for a racer chair but decided something more office executive type wud suit me better also was hoping to keep the price around the 100e mark

Id link an example but boards wont allow me yet :(

I would save up and get a better chair really a good chair can make a hell of a difference i have a dx racer chair it cost a pretty penny but would never buy a cheap chair again

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MADFI5H

im looking at one know that was just i was looking for on argos called a hudson gas lift for 209.99 (again cant link) im gettin tempted as theres an argos 10 mins away, any1 wanna go look and tell me wat they think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Viking Direct have a good selection of office chairs at reasonable prices, ie. under €100, and they deliver.

Viking Direct Link

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭IrlMonk

I got myself a chair from Viking Direct.
    €50 delivered to the door. Excellent value, solid and very comfortable.

Cheers CreepingDeath ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Hi guys, just looking at the vikingdirect chairs, they seem to be great value. I'm looking for a computer chair with some good back support, my doctor recommended I get one as I'm getting bad pains in my shoulders from using a regular kitchen chair at my desk (derp). The chairs in their ergonomic category seem to be perfect but both are out of stock. Can anyone recommend a good support chair, preferably with adjustable armrests? I'm on a student budget :)

Also, is delivery reasonable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

rawn wrote: »
    Hi guys, just looking at the vikingdirect chairs, they seem to be great value. I'm looking for a computer chair with some good back support, my doctor recommended I get one as I'm getting bad pains in my shoulders from using a regular kitchen chair at my desk (derp). The chairs in their ergonomic category seem to be perfect but both are out of stock. Can anyone recommend a good support chair, preferably with adjustable armrests? I'm on a student budget :)

Also, is delivery reasonable?

Same as you, my back was in bits (and still is a bit dodgy..), and I was using an old leather high backed office chair which was on its last legs which was not helping matters.

I looked at various half decent ones for the €200-€300 mark, and then thought I would spend a bit more on one that would last so I looked into a 2nd hand Herman Miller Aeron instead.

I got a perfect one, barely used & like new for €440, about the going as they can be got for €400-€500 ish-check adverts.ie or done deal. Excellent chair, brilliant back support. Thing was I planned to buy an aftermarket headrest as I tend to sit back and prefer one, but they were working out at stupid money-200 ish from HK/US.

So I sold the Herman Miller and bought a Humanscale Freedom headrest chair (chrome with green material-thinking of getting it re-upholstered in leather) instead, got it for €460 online, unused & still in original wrapping-absolute bargain as they retail for €1200 plus depending on options :)

All I can say is that it is an absolute legend of a chair. Only thing I miss from the Aeron is the seat pan does not tilt back, to be expected as the back and headrest sections move instead.

I spent 11+ hours in it the other night playing Dying Light which would have meant agony the next AM in the old chair-and I would be tired a lot quicker in the Aeron as it has no head support.

Anyway, my advice is keep an eye out on adverts, done deal, buy & sell and ebay. Decent second hand proper ergonomic chairs do come up occasionally, and are a much better investment than a cheaper chair.

Advertisement