Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat ill, and a bad vet?

• 04-02-2015 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

I have a one year old seal point Siamese cat. On the 2/01/15 I took her to my local vet because she was not eating her food and looked a bit under weight. The vet did a basic health check and couldn't find anything wrong, he then decided to keep her in to do a urine analysis test and feces test on her. I returned to collect her and the vet nurse said my cat had IBS. She then informed me that it was probably due to eating turkey meat/skin. She then persuaded me to buy prescription diet food for 20 euro. Also that day she got a vaccine for cat flu, I returned with my cat for a check up 2wks later. The vet then diagnosed her with cat flu on 19/01/15. He then gave her a second shot vaccine for 20 euro and my cat seemed to get better. But now I noticed she's sneezing and her third eyelid is showing and the vet said that's a sign the cat is ill.
    Also, I have purchased a pet passport for my cat. The vet said to me 2 weeks before it would be bad to give my cat a calmer, which I knew then, the next time I went for her check up he was trying to make me buy a sedative. I found this odd and the airlines don't allow it anyway, I told him this and he was like "I know" he was then trying to change the conversation. My cat still has stomach problems I think. :/

I spent 80 that day, and I feel like he might be scamming me.

I'm really thinking about going to a different vet instead of going to the current vet. There are bad stories about this vet from customers.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If you don't feel you can trust your vet; change vet simple as that. If nothing else you'll get a second opinion on the state of your cat.

Advertisement