Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Death DTA - The Academy, Mar 3, '15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I want to, but I'm still unsure about it. I was sorry I missed it last time they played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Links234 wrote: »
    I want to, but I'm still unsure about it. I was sorry I missed it last time they played.

If in doubt, definitely go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭Red Wolf

The last one was great. This is looking like it could be even better.

Red Wolf wrote: »
    The last one was great. This is looking like it could be even better.

I think so too. Well, just going on the fact that one of the support acts pulled so Death DTA will now do a longer set.
    Looking forward to it, there are still tickets left I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

Cant ever miss an opportunity to see Steve di'giorgio play bass! They were fantastic last time too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

MetalDog wrote: »
    I think so too. Well, just going on the fact that one of the support acts pulled so Death DTA will now do a longer set.

Likelihood is that they'll find a replacement support band, either one that will travel with them or a local band for each show.

Looks like this is going to be the end of the DTA Tours, at least for quite some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Aircraft Freak

RIP Chuck, would have loved to see them when he was alive. They're still savage without him. But it's not the same.

No, doesn't look like I'm going to make it to this one. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Not being funny, but how does this work? Chuck was Death.

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »
    Not being funny, but how does this work? Chuck was Death.

Well they don't really claim to be anything other than a cover band featuring members of Death, hence why they've playing under the name Death To All or Death (DTA). They're not, and don't claim to be Death.

Links234 wrote: »
    Well they don't really claim to be anything other than a cover band featuring members of Death, hence why they've playing under the name Death To All or Death (DTA). They're not, and don't claim to be Death.

And it's bloody good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Red Wolf wrote: »
    And it's bloody good.

this! it was ****ing excellent last year.

Yeah saw on the DTA Facebook page that it's winding up this year. Who knows, they could do it again in the future?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Cant wait for this, on the way in now.

It really was brilliant last time :)

Going to miss it :( gutted!

Me too Ronan, me too. :(

Everyone who's going, enjoy yourselves! :D

I can console myself somewhat with having gone to the last one. Would have loved to have heard 1000 eyes live though.

Hate to rub it in for those who couldn't make it, but that was fcuking awesome. Savage show. Better than the last one!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

agree with the above, possibly the best metal gig Ive been to over past 10 years. Death really gave it their all. Their show last year was excellent but last night's show was just at another level of brilliance. Ive never seen such a happy crowd either, very active moshpit, everyone had a great time!

• Advertisement
Advertisement