Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa refusal- Help..

Options
  • 04-02-2015 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

So I recently got refused for a visa from cic on the basis that my conditional letter was expired. Under the impression that I had 90 days to complete 2nd stage, didn't realise my conditional letter had expired 14days of receiving it. I sent off my for my visa hoping they would accept my application as there was no chance me obtaining all police checks from NZ, Aus and UK within 14 days.

since the refusal I have emailed ICE asking if they're were able to send another conditional letter so I can reapply with cic straight away rather than waiting till next quota..The whole process has been very long winded from the start..taking 9 months to even hear anything from ICE from when I first registered so if I can avoid this whole process again that would be great, as I was hoping get away for this summer, this is becoming highly unlikely with whole visa situation

Its almost 2weeks I've still no response from ICE as of yet, just wondering if anyone has managed to obtain a new letter this way.. Or will I have to start all over again? If so as I've already made a payment to ICE for the visa if there's a way of getting a refund..

Thanks

Khusba

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

I requested a refund from them in March and I'm still waiting :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Khusba

Hey Jay

I keep hearing the refunds seem to take forever, they're not the best of keeping people informed.

Just wondering If you know whether refunds are available after the refusal from CIC. Presuming you never submitted your application with CIC?

I'm still hoping IEC will send me another conditional letter, rather than having to fork out again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

No they won't send you another Conditional Letter. If that was the case then there wouldn't be a limit of 14 days to submit it!

Advertisement