Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford marathon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

As per the description --> "There will be 4 water stations on the route."

I'd be expecting at least 2 loops of a route if thats the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Yeah have to agree with you there, originally from there but now living in Dublin, have given up the ghost of the marathon but this got my attention. Might give it a year or 2 to find its feet.

They definitely should take the main st of the town in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

And if the starting point is by the Talbot, the Half Marathon course x 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Nialloooo

Would love to try this as a home marathon but with no route its hard to tell , not sure loops excite me but then again at least you know that the last 13 miles would be like. I'll email and ask about the route and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Nialloooo

From dee the RD

Hi Niall

Thanks for the enquiry! the route isn't using the half marathon loop. it goes out the same road, past Johnstown and on further looping around and coming back in the same road past Johnstown and Kerlogue back to town. i hope tp post up maps within the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭marathon

is the strawberry half marathon in enniscorthy on this year

• Registered Users Posts: 35 3D2S

Friend of mine did this yesterday. Very tough hilly route. Tougher climb about 15 miles than hell of the west in Connemara. Small numbers taking part. Anyone else have any thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Results are on precision timing

I've heard it was well organised, but not much else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Joey Joe-Joe Jr

I ran this yesterday as my 3rd marathon. I grew up close to the course so it was nice to have a full marathon event to challenge myself on close to home.
    There was a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere at the start, finish and around the course. Really well organised - plenty of water stations (10 in total I think), the later ones had jellies and cups of coke. :)
    The volunteers on the stations and at the junctions were all smiling and full of encouragement. Special shout out to the bicycle marshal that was patrolling near where I was running. A total gent, moving back and forth along the (well spread out) group encouraging everyone, offering water, making sure everyone was OK from the first mile to the last. Top man!
    I found the course really tough. Up and over Forth Mountain twice, peaking at mile 8.5 and then again around mile 19. My watch showed 385 meters of ascent.
    The heat made it extra difficult. (But good for the spectators and volunteers! :))
    Not moving very well today... :o
    Well done to everyone involved!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement