Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appointing two estate agents to sell house?

Options
  • 04-02-2015 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Does anyone have experience with this or even know if it's possible?
    Basically my brother and I will be selling a house shortly, a local estate agent has helped me out and provided a free valuation report for revenue purposes. He is known to me and my family and asked that I would consider using him when house was being sold.
    However my brother has indicated to an estate agent friend of his (and direct competitor) that he could be the selling agent.
    Would it be a terrible faux pas to ask both to be selling agents? Obviously I would tell both that another agent had the house on their books too. I don't want to offend anyone by even suggesting it if it's a major no-no, just trying to think of a compromise!
    Any advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Joint or multiple agency, whilst not uncommon, has drawbacks, not least of which the commission is more expensive than sole agency.

Advertisement