Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How am I still with Eircom?

Options
  • 04-02-2015 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

My experience with Eircom outlines why you shouldn't deal with them.
    Well firstly I was a happy Eircom customer up until a month ago.
    On 16th of December 2014, I contacted Eircom in relation to my broadband internet not operating to its full potential. I was told that an engineer would contact me in the next few days.

On the 18th of December, I come home to find a missed call on my landline, I return the call and I am met with what sounds like a very annoyed man, who turns out to be the Eircom engineer, I ask him is he coming to my house today, he says that he rang the mobile number on the account and when someone picked up they had no idea what he was on about. He said I would need to make another appointment.

I make another appointment for an engineer to come out on the 21st of December. The Eircom contractor arrives on the 21st and refuses to rectify the issue as he doesn't want to get involved in the Eircom mess.

That day I make another appointment for another engineer to come out but Eircom tell me I won't be seen till the 6th of January.

The engineer comes on the 6th of January and restores the broadband to its full potential, he stated that the wrong wire was run when Efibre was first installed. I was happy with the solution to the problem.

On the 22nd of December Eircom's Evision division rang me and ask would I like to add their Evision service to my account I said I would and arranged for an engineer to come out and install the service on the 6th of January.

I was already getting an Eircom engineer out to fix the broadband issues in the afternoon and I asked could it be possible to get the Evision installed by the same person( As the appointments were in the morning and afternoon). I was told this was not possible as they were completely different systems.

The Evision engineer fails to turn up on the 6th of January so I ring up Eircom and ask whats the issue, Eircom tell me they had no record of an appointment being made for the installation of the serivce, So I make another appointment for the 9th of January but the Engineer still fails to turn up and yet again Eircom have no record of the appointment being made, So yet again I make another appointment for the 13th in the afternoon.

On the 13th of January I go to work and come home early for the appointment, I recieve no phone call from the engineer asking for directions to my house but when I arrive home from work I find a note on my door from the Engineer( The same one who fixed the broadband on the 6th) stating that he was going to install the system and that he didnt have the right number for me but left me his number so I called him and I got the system installed later that day.

On the 26th of January I receive a call from Eircom's Emobile division offering me a bill pay phone contact. On the 3rd of February I contact Eircom asking where the phone is, they tell me that its been returned and that I should contact DPD(The courier) to find out why its been returned, I refuse to contact a third party as the contact lays with Eircom, They said ring back tomorrow and to see if theres more information.

So today after a 40 minute phone call and talking to 3 different people I finally get another phone sent out.

Summary
    16th December- Internet isn't fast/ Arrange engineer to come out
    18th - Engineer calls landline but I'm not at home and he didn't have the right number.
    18th - rearrange appointment for the 21st
    21st -Contractor arrives but doesn't want to get involved/ another Broadband appointment for the 6th
    6th Jan- Engineer comes out and fixes broadband/ Evision no show/another appointment for the 9th
    9th- Evision no show yet again/ appointment for the 13th
    13th-Pure luck that I get the same engineer who fixed the broadband on the 6th.
    26th- Call from Eircom about an Emobile add on and I sign up for it
    3rd Feb-I call Eircom and find out where the phone is, they tell me its been returned to them
    4th Feb- I call Eircom again and get another phone sent out.

So my dealings with Eircom are the worst I've ever had with any company in my life.

My wired speed is now 50mbs compared to 7mbs before it was fixed but in order for the Engineer to increase the speed he had to move the modem to the corner of the house which results in terrible speeds across the rest of the house.
    Eircom refused to send me out homeplugs, which would have solved the problem of the bad wifi, dispite me telling them of my ordeals with them.

The ironic thing is they gave me the option of the Evision and Emobile add ons to keep me with Eircom but they are driving me away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Boaty wrote: »
    My experience with Eircom outlines why you shouldn't deal with them.
    Well firstly I was a happy Eircom customer up until a month ago.
    On 16th of December 2014, I contacted Eircom in relation to my broadband internet not operating to its full potential. I was told that an engineer would contact me in the next few days.

On the 18th of December, I come home to find a missed call on my landline, I return the call and I am met with what sounds like a very annoyed man, who turns out to be the Eircom engineer, I ask him is he coming to my house today, he says that he rang the mobile number on the account and when someone picked up they had no idea what he was on about. He said I would need to make another appointment.

I make another appointment for an engineer to come out on the 21st of December. The Eircom contractor arrives on the 21st and refuses to rectify the issue as he doesn't want to get involved in the Eircom mess.

That day I make another appointment for another engineer to come out but Eircom tell me I won't be seen till the 6th of January.

The engineer comes on the 6th of January and restores the broadband to its full potential, he stated that the wrong wire was run when Efibre was first installed. I was happy with the solution to the problem.

On the 22nd of December Eircom's Evision division rang me and ask would I like to add their Evision service to my account I said I would and arranged for an engineer to come out and install the service on the 6th of January.

I was already getting an Eircom engineer out to fix the broadband issues in the afternoon and I asked could it be possible to get the Evision installed by the same person( As the appointments were in the morning and afternoon). I was told this was not possible as they were completely different systems.

The Evision engineer fails to turn up on the 6th of January so I ring up Eircom and ask whats the issue, Eircom tell me they had no record of an appointment being made for the installation of the serivce, So I make another appointment for the 9th of January but the Engineer still fails to turn up and yet again Eircom have no record of the appointment being made, So yet again I make another appointment for the 13th in the afternoon.

On the 13th of January I go to work and come home early for the appointment, I recieve no phone call from the engineer asking for directions to my house but when I arrive home from work I find a note on my door from the Engineer( The same one who fixed the broadband on the 6th) stating that he was going to install the system and that he didnt have the right number for me but left me his number so I called him and I got the system installed later that day.

On the 26th of January I receive a call from Eircom's Emobile division offering me a bill pay phone contact. On the 3rd of February I contact Eircom asking where the phone is, they tell me that its been returned and that I should contact DPD(The courier) to find out why its been returned, I refuse to contact a third party as the contact lays with Eircom, They said ring back tomorrow and to see if theres more information.

So today after a 40 minute phone call and talking to 3 different people I finally get another phone sent out.

Summary
    16th December- Internet isn't fast/ Arrange engineer to come out
    18th - Engineer calls landline but I'm not at home and he didn't have the right number.
    18th - rearrange appointment for the 21st
    21st -Contractor arrives but doesn't want to get involved/ another Broadband appointment for the 6th
    6th Jan- Engineer comes out and fixes broadband/ Evision no show/another appointment for the 9th
    9th- Evision no show yet again/ appointment for the 13th
    13th-Pure luck that I get the same engineer who fixed the broadband on the 6th.
    26th- Call from Eircom about an Emobile add on and I sign up for it
    3rd Feb-I call Eircom and find out where the phone is, they tell me its been returned to them
    4th Feb- I call Eircom again and get another phone sent out.

So my dealings with Eircom are the worst I've ever had with any company in my life.

My wired speed is now 50mbs compared to 7mbs before it was fixed but in order for the Engineer to increase the speed he had to move the modem to the corner of the house which results in terrible speeds across the rest of the house.
    Eircom refused to send me out homeplugs, which would have solved the problem of the bad wifi, dispite me telling them of my ordeals with them.

The ironic thing is they gave me the option of the Evision and Emobile add ons to keep me with Eircom but they are driving me away.
    Hi Boaty

I am sorry to hear of this disappointing experience with eircom and apologise for all the inconvenience caused.

I'm quite suprised to hear of a lot of this and more so that you are being refused wireless homeplugs.

Please PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    AL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

It was more of a shock to me, I now only communicate with Eircom through written means as then I can prove that its customer care staff that I deal with are terrible.

Edit: Alan I PMED you on the 18/12/2014 at the start of my ordeal, in relation to the the service that I was receiving to which you had no reply.

It was more of a shock to me, I now only communicate with Eircom through written means as then I can prove that its customer care staff that I deal with are terrible.

Edit: Alan I PMED you on the 18/12/2014 at the start of my ordeal, in relation to the the service that I was receiving to which you had no reply.
    Thanks for you PM Boaty

I'll look in to this further and get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thanks
    Al

PM was sent yesterday , still awaiting a response

PM was sent yesterday , still awaiting a response
    Thanks for taking my call Boaty

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

Thanks Alan,
    Sorry if I didnt sound too happy to hear it.

I had rang Eircom earlier to reorder the phone that was sent back to you 2 weeks ago..

I was asked several questions one being:
    Do you own your home?

To which I responded 'most of it"

I was then treated to a barrage of questions about mortgages in Ireland and a story about how the operator's auntie had been evicted from her house but she had an apartment in Louth and how the operator was living there now.

Thanks Alan,
                        Sorry if I didnt sound too happy to hear it.

I had rang Eircom earlier to reorder the phone that was sent back to you 2 weeks ago..

I was asked several questions one being:
    Do you own your home?

To which I responded 'most of it"

I was then treated to a barrage of questions about mortgages in Ireland and a story about how the operator's auntie had been evicted from her house but she had an apartment in Louth and how the operator was living there now.
    Hi Boaty

Sorry to hear of the negative experience calling again. I'll make sure your feedback is escalated to the agents manager and it will be dealt with internally.

I have arranged the wireless homeplugs to be sent out to you free of charge, you shoudl get them Friday at the latest.

If there's anything else I can help with please let me know

Thanks
    Al

Sim card not very clear at all, I could see a mirco sim inside the standard sim but it looked like it was in there solid.

It took 30mins for one of the 6 people I was talking to that they dont send out standard Sims and they only send out dual cut Sims

So all I had to do was force the sim out.

Line also goes dead when Im listening to the holding song.

Why is it impossible to get in contact with option 3 after calling 1901

Such a stressful company to deal with when she gets tired of dealing with me, she pulls out the data protection card and tells me the account is not in my name.

Can someone tell me why EIRCOM dont apply data protection laws when selling a product but when you need help with that product , they are all about data protection

Funny thing was Eircom were only too happy to let me place the order in the first place even tho the account wasn't in my name.

Line also goes dead when Im listening to the holding song.

Why is it impossible to get in contact with option 3 after calling 1901

Such a stressful company to deal with when she gets tired of dealing with me, she pulls out the data protection card and tells me the account is not in my name.

Can someone tell me why EIRCOM dont apply data protection laws when selling a product but when you need help with that product , they are all about data protection

Funny thing was Eircom were only too happy to let me place the order in the first place even tho the account wasn't in my name.
    Really sorry to hear that Boaty

I've been off for the past week but if there's anything I can help with let me know or get in touch with webchat : eircom.net/webchat

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

Oh the issues continue,

After being tossed around so much, I threatened to leave so in order for Eircom to keep me as a customer, they gave me 2 months free sky sports and sky movies, the two months ended earlier in the month.Today, I got a bill for 30 euro for the third month of services, I never asked for a third month.

So is this normal? After getting two free months due to bad service, I get charged for the third month...I never had a contact for sky sports or movies.

Oh the issues continue,

After being tossed around so much, I threatened to leave so in order for Eircom to keep me as a customer, they gave me 2 months free sky sports and sky movies, the two months ended earlier in the month.Today, I  got a bill for 30 euro for the third month of services, I never asked for a third month.

So is this normal? After getting two free months due to bad service, I get charged for the third month...I never had a contact for sky sports or movies.
    Hi Boaty

There is no contract ()beyond a monthly rolling contract) for sports or movies but notification is required if they are no longer wanted.

Please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I will request that the 3rd month charge is removed with the channels themselves.

Cheers
    Al

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Oh the issues continue,

After being tossed around so much, I threatened to leave so in order for Eircom to keep me as a customer, they gave me 2 months free sky sports and sky movies, the two months ended earlier in the month.Today, I got a bill for 30 euro for the third month of services, I never asked for a third month.

To be fair, this is fairly standard. When my offer ends for sports/movies with Sky for example, I have to ring up and give 31 days notice to cancel it or I'll be charged full amount the following month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lushous3

It's free for two months and then is charged. You can cancel at any time though.

If I had wanted the channels I would have purchased them prior to being given the 2 months free for bad service.

I expected that the sky services be removed after two months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Necrominus wrote: »
    To be fair, this is fairly standard. When my offer ends for sports/movies with Sky for example, I have to ring up and give 31 days notice to cancel it or I'll be charged full amount the following month.

Completely different circumstances.

You Chose to get sky sports.

The OP received two free months as compensation for the crappy service. I would expect it yo be cut off after two months if it was me, without me having to cancel!

Cheers Guys,

A lot of valid points from different perspectives - Ultimately at the time of being offered the 2 free months the opp should have been made clear that a call will be required if they did want to discontinue package after that time frame.

Thanks for all your help
    Al

Advertisement