Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

savings in Florida

Options
  • 04-02-2015 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello

this is my first thread so go easy in me please. I'm travelling to Orlando on the 14th of February. I'm going with my mate his family with kids and mother and everything in between.

I was wondering if people have any tips on saving money and time in the parks. I want to go to all the parks and preferably no kiddies stuff

any comments would be appreciated ☺

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Do you already have the park tickets? If not I'd strongly suggest getting your tickets in advnace from http://www.attractionticketsdirect.ie/
    Have used them in the past and found their range of tickets and pricesthe best value :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

saving money:
    1. get a buffet breakfast in any of the numerous restaurants offering one on i-drive. these guys do it for $7 http://www.ponderosaorlando.com/pages/locations2.html
    2. there should be a walgreens around so buy your water/other items there not in the park and bring them with you in small backpack. there are lockers throughout each park to store the backpack during the rides.
    3. buy a combo ticket. here you can buy a ticket to two parks for 2 days, seaworld and busch gardens in tampa having the best rides. there is a free bus that leaves various locations throughout orlando each day for anyone with a valid ticket http://seaworldparks.com/buschgardens-tampa/book-online/tickets/allticketstourists/
    4. use the lynx bus service or i-drive trolley instead of taxis/renting a car. both are cheap but both can be slow methods of making your way around orlando. if you are staying on i-drive its an easy enough way of getting from seaworld to universal though.

saving time:
    1. get to the park before it opens. so if it claims to open at 9am be at the front gate ready to go in at 8.45am.
    2. learn about single rider lines and use it where available if there is a queue. each ride will display the wait time before you enter..if its over 20 minutes then use the single rider line

• Registered Users Posts: 3 macker8811

livEwirE wrote:
    Do you already have the park tickets? If not I'd strongly suggest getting your tickets in advnace from

I have tickets for universal islands of adventure seaworld aquatica and discovery cove , is there a gun range to shoot guns that you would recommend and also is nasa space centre worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Iced water is free everywhere including the parks. Just go to anywhere that serves drinks and ask. This also saves you carrying bottles around. Eat well before going into parks so no need to eat in there. There are coupons available everywhere for money off allsorts. Walmart or walgreens are good for snacks. Don't buy gifts in the parks, cheaper equivalents are available from shops and supermarkets offsite.

Nasa is 1 1/2 hours away and if your not driving you'll need a coach/day trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Truvy

macker8811 wrote: »
    I have tickets for universal islands of adventure seaworld aquatica and discovery cove , is there a gun range to shoot guns that you would recommend and also is nasa space centre worth a look
    Check out 'Machine Gun America'. Just opened in Kissimmee.
    If your into water parks you should hit wet n wild. One of our favourites in Orlando.

• Advertisement
Advertisement