Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non religious wedding ceremony venue

Options
  • 04-02-2015 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a non religious wedding venue around Kilkenny. Reception booked. Have the option of having the ceremony at reception venue, however we are trying to find a quirkier local venue for ceremony only.

Jumpa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a non religious wedding venue around Kilkenny. Reception booked. Have the option of having the ceremony at reception venue, however we are trying to find a quirkier local venue for ceremony only.

Jumpa

Kilkenny Castle, Mount Juliet, The Set Theatre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Also Butler House and Rothe House

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Thank you both for the suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

1984baby wrote: »
    Kilkenny Castle, Mount Juliet, The Set Theatre.

do you want it indoors or outdoors? How many people?
    the registry office in the HSE building on the Dublin Road is not too bad. I was at a wedding there before and was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked.

Approx 100 guests, but open to an even smaller ceremony also. Not against outdoors as long as there is a contingency in place for inevitable rain! Ill check out the HSE building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Approx 100 guests, but open to an even smaller ceremony also. Not against outdoors as long as there is a contingency in place for inevitable rain! Ill check out the HSE building.
    Legally a civil marriage ceremony must be held inside a fixed structure so that rules out outdoors, marquees, etc. It must also be open to the public to attend.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/getting_married/civil_marriage_ceremony.html
    http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Getting_Married.aspx#sect2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I was at a wedding in Kilkenny Castle during the summer and it was amazing, would highly recommend.

Tried the castle it is unavailable on the day we want.

Just want to say thanks to everyone who helped. We were in touch with some very interesting venues. For anyone interested in my findings, send me a pm. Thanks again.

Advertisement