Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 10/100mb

Options
  • 04-02-2015 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have a tronsmart mk908ii and a Vega s89 but don't really use the 908 anymore. XBMC buffers a lot on the s89 which I know is a common complaint for a lot of people with android boxes. I have it wired to a 120mb line but I only ever get around 25mb on speedtest. Is this because it has a 10/100 lan port? My laptop with GB port gets the full 120mb when wired. I know theres a big difference but I thought the 10/100 port would get closer to the 100mb, more than 25 anyways. Is the processor also a factor here?

Is it possible to flash it with a Linux rom and would this increase performance?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Can't help on the software side but the port itself should be able carry very close to its maximum throughput, like 90+ mbps at the very least. I get that sort os speed though homeplugs with only a 10/100 port so it must be something else up with the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SeanM01

I don't know if this is the norm for these boxes as I also tried with a friend's mx2 box and the most I ever got on speedtest with that one was 35mb. I know with other devices like laptops, switches and routers, a 10/100 nic normally means you get all or close enough to the full 100mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

My M8 is the same, 30Mbps max on a 120Mbps line. There must be some kind of ligation on these boxes on what they are able to connect at.

Its processing power though for your 908 thats causing the buffering and not the 30Mbps. I can stream HD files without buffering on my mothers 3Mbps line so 30Mbps is vastly more than you need.

Advertisement