Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Helicopter Tipperary?

Options
  • 04-02-2015 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭

A helicopter, possibly a Garda Helicopter, circling very low in the sky between Thurles and Holycross right now.

Anyone know what's up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

Very close to us here just outside Thurles

I thought they were near the river but no SAR helicopters showing up on AIS map..must be the garda copter so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

mikep wrote: »
    Very close to us here just outside Thurles

I thought they were near the river but no SAR helicopters showing up on AIS map..must be the garda copter so.

It's been circling for the best part of the last hour.

It was hovering not too far away from us for about 10-15 mins, kept very still in an area that seemed to be above the river a few fields away. Seems to have headed off again....actually scrap that, its back hovering again close by..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

could be to do with the huge cannabis haul in limerick

Its just headed off in the direction of the Mill road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,306 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Probably a media blackout siege type situation, purely speculation on my take of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

mikep wrote: »
    It was hovering not too far away from us for about 10-15 mins, kept very still in an area that seemed to be above the river a few fields away. Seems to have headed off again....actually scrap that, its back hovering again close by..

There's definitely something up.
    I'm at the Anner Hotel and this chopper has been hovering for the past hour.
    20 mins ago it came back toward where I am but then flew back toward Holycross direction and it's hovering there since.

Hinault, it should have come right up your way so in the last few mins..

Hopefully that's the end of it as I'm off to bed and it's feckin loud!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

An elderly man was missing and his car was found abandoned in forest in yhe Cabra area.I didn't hear any more.

Advertisement