Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TEFL Courses in Dublin?

Options
  • 05-02-2015 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

All the threads for this seem to be old so I decided I would start a new one.
    I am hoping to do a TEFL course during my summer break from college. I'd love to do one that is mainly online but am willing to do one that requires classroom hours if it is the best.
    I'm getting very confused about all the different qualifications etc. etc. I would be extremely grateful if someone could recommend me a course provider, preferably one they themselves have used!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 woodstock1708

I did the CELTA at IH Dublin in spring 2011 and it was an excellent experience. The course tutors prepare you really well and you do lots of real teaching. I'd be hesitant about doing an online TEFL course unless you already have classroom experience.

The course is extremely expensive but it's worth it.

You are welcome to send me a PM with any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 woodstock1708

I did the CELTA at IH Dublin in spring 2011 and it was an excellent experience. The course tutors prepare you really well and you do lots of real teaching. I'd be hesitant about doing an online TEFL course unless you already have classroom experience.

The course is extremely expensive but it's worth it.

You are welcome to send me a PM with any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭CiboC

Online courses are useless, you should really only consider the CELT or CELTA course.

Check http://www.acels.ie/acelselt.htm#1 for a list of providers.

Advertisement