Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pastry Part Time Courses

Options
  • 05-02-2015 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Anybody done the part time pastry course at CIT and if so, is it worth the money? I would be looking to do this in the evening, I think its €450 and I'd have to pay an additional €60 for uniform. I'm looking at the CIT website but it's out of date (2014 courses), also it covers breads more so than cakes. Sure any feedback would be good, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Oleander wrote: »
    Anybody done the part time pastry course at CIT and if so, is it worth the money? I would be looking to do this in the evening, I think its €450 and I'd have to pay an additional €60 for uniform. I'm looking at the CIT website but it's out of date (2014 courses), also it covers breads more so than cakes. Sure any feedback would be good, thanks.

Presuming you have done the National Cert in Professional Cookery? Its better to have work experience but if you are going down the education route and you have time on your hands it all looks good on your CV

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Oleander

Presuming you have done the National Cert in Professional Cookery? Its better to have work experience but if you are going down the education route and you have time on your hands it all looks good on your CV

I haven't don't any courses in Pastry or Culinary Arts. I am working (a full year now) in a restaurant where I do baking in the morning so I have experience. I would like to learn more about the art of particularly pastry. I'm very busy in work and I don't have time to mess about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Oleander wrote: »
    I haven't don't any courses in Pastry or Culinary Arts. I am working (a full year now) in a restaurant where I do baking in the morning so I have experience. I would like to learn more about the art of particularly pastry. I'm very busy in work and I don't have time to mess about.

I will tell you with the exception of Kevin St ..... you will get the most Amazing pastry tutor, Anne O Connor. You are going to be in a nice new building that I wasnt in. I would actually head in and make an appointment with one of the class tutors for an informal chat and they will inform you better.

Advertisement