Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different uses for Hummus?

Options
  • 05-02-2015 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I'd love to start incorporating it into dinner.. any suggestions how? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It is really just a dip served at room temperature. Maybe have it as a side with a tagine & some flat breads?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

It is really just a dip served at room temperature. Maybe have it as a side with a tagine & some flat breads?

Has traditionally been used to make soup as well.

edit: sadly, I don't know how to make this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

If you have a Google you can find a hummus salad dressing, which I didn't think was very nice.

I've also slathered it over chicken breasts before popping them in the oven, and that is quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

I use it sometimes spread inside a pitta (like mayo/butter), along with some roasted veggies or a slice or two of cured ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

http://www.amazon.com/Cinnamon-Blossom-Flavours-Cyprus-Kopiaste/dp/1449997813

recipe can be found here! the electronic version might be worth it. This lady is very good with traditional cypriot recipes, cypriot food is excellent and generally healthy, very varied as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

When I was out east :) I ate it with the most amazing flat bread. And hot chopped beef in oil on top of the hummus! Nyom.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭emaleth

Diana Henry serves a variation on hummus as a side dish with chicken shwarma and sumac onions. Sounds good to me!

Advertisement