Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Arsenal 7.2.14

Options
  • 05-02-2015 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Massive game on saturday guys - this is where we usually fall down. If we win then we jump above the saints and arsenal , lose and we prob lose the chance of 4th

I really think that this current team dont want to give up like the players of old, they seem to have a winning mentality building in them. Chadli / eriksen / kane / mason etc will play until the 95th minute

3-1 spurs and an epic day at the lane

P.S. Get up saturday morning, eat fry up. Be in seat at 12 for spurs match, stay in seat until 7pm after watching 6 nations and pool v everton

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

These games are next to impossible to call. Arsenal as usual have hit their stride when it counts, full of confidence after beating City.

Plenty of speed merchants, Walcott usually has a say in this fixture. Sanchez looks menacing.

I still think they look shoddy in defense, there new keeper has barely been tested. Just hoping for plenty of goals and no sendings off. Whoever starts the quicker will gain the upper hand.

Sanchez apparently out for Saturday, well according to Wenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

The next two games are an acid test. Has the team moved to a higher level or has the past two months been more flattering to deceive. In the last three matches versus Liverpool the aggregate score has been 11-0 with Spurs deserving no more than nil and Liverpool could have scored 11 in the first match alone. Arsenal have Giroud back and Liverpool Sturridge with the usual bunch of tricky, speedy midfielders. We really need Ericksen and Kane to click and cause problems, in the meantime it is all hands on deck in midfield. I expect Poch to be ultra cautious in both games as we would likely lose a shootout in either game. The only problem is you can't keep giving the ball back to Arsenal and Liverpool. In our favour Liverpool will be playing their third match in six days (pity Bolton couldn't have got to extra time!).

I confidently (not) predict 1-1 at the Lane and a battling 1-0 win at Anfield. (And I would take either in a heartbeat).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

mickman wrote: »
    Massive game on saturday guys - this is where we usually fall down. If we win then we jump above the saints and arsenal , lose and we prob lose the chance of 4th

I really think that this current team dont want to give up like the players of old, they seem to have a winning mentality building in them. Chadli / eriksen / kane / mason etc will play until the 95th minute

3-1 spurs and an epic day at the lane

P.S. Get up saturday morning, eat fry up. Be in seat at 12 for spurs match, stay in seat until 7pm after watching 6 nations and pool v everton

fcuking jealous;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sanchez being out is a massive loss for them, and really good news for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Kiith wrote: »
    Sanchez being out is a massive loss for them, and really good news for us.

Sanchez will be a big loss, though if you look at his stats he doesn't make the same impact during away games than he does at matches in the Emirates - just a moot point.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Im not very confident for us over the next 2 fixtures, but as times gone by, we do well when we are not fancied and do badly when we think we'll do well.
    Remember we played Chelsea and Arsenal in the space of 5 days in April 2012 i think and beat the both of them 2-1..Bale scored in both matches i think....
    So, i think on Saturday, Arsenal who have flyers in their team and great movement, will need to be shown early doors, that they are in for a scrap.
    If we can unsettle them early, i feel they wont want to know...too many foreigners whereas we have Rose, Walker, Mason and Kane who love to put the boot in...jaysus,a year ago who'd have ever thought that these 4 lads are going to become very dependable in a NLD !!!

Hugo

Walker - Fazio - Jan - Rose

Mason - Stambouli

Lamela - Dembele - Erikson

Kane.

3-2 Spurs.... Jan first goal!!

COYS.

Sanchez has been there catalyst, he gets everyone fired up. Rosicky is a danger, Carzola has been very good recently.

Rose and Walker need a solid performance.
    Hopefully he doesn't switch Dembele back to a defensive position.

Chadli will start ahead of Lamela, and rightly so.

The team more or less picks itself, and he's right, it'll have to be up to the standards of the Chelsea game to come away victorious.

Im not very confident for us over the next 2 fixtures, but as times gone by, we do well when we are not fancied and do badly when we think we'll do well.
    Remember we played Chelsea and Arsenal in the space of 5 days in April 2012 i think and beat the both of them 2-1..Bale scored in both matches i think....
    So, i think on Saturday, Arsenal who have flyers in their team and great movement, will need to be shown early doors, that they are in for a scrap.
    If we can unsettle them early, i feel they wont want to know...too many foreigners whereas we have Rose, Walker, Mason and Kane who love to put the boot in...jaysus,a year ago who'd have ever thought that these 4 lads are going to become very dependable in a NLD !!!

Hugo

Walker - Fazio - Jan - Rose

Mason - Stambouli

Lamela - Dembele - Erikson

Kane.

3-2 Spurs.... Jan first goal!!

COYS.

good team but would switch chadali for lamela aswell and if you want a boot put in, then davies for rosebud

• Registered Users Posts: 45 EoinMoran

Heading over tomorrow morning for my first North London derby. Genuinely think we can pull something from it, form goes out the window for games like this.

Feel we have players who will want it more.

Massive 5 days ahead.

COYS

• Advertisement

EoinMoran wrote: »
    Heading over tomorrow morning for my first North London derby. Genuinely think we can pull something from it, form goes out the window for games like this.

Massive 5 days ahead.

COYS

enjoy it , derby day in north london is hard beat

remember getting the overground once from Seven Sisters to WHL, train full of spurs fan, 1 lone man standing in Bruce Grove with an Arsenal jersey on, his face was priceless as it pulled in

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

good team but would switch chadali for lamela aswell and if you want a boot put in, then davies for rosebud

I think Davies gives us more composure, Whereas Rose always flies into tackles, doesnt give the wingers a second on the ball.

I think Davies gives us more composure, Whereas Rose always flies into tackles, doesnt give the wingers a second on the ball.

yea but he misses most of the tackles he flies into, goes to sleep quiet a bit and is generally a poor defender, he is good on the ball and good going forward but first and foremost he is supposed to be a left back (and that he aint)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

yea but he misses most of the tackles he flies into, goes to sleep quiet a bit and is generally a poor defender, he is good on the ball and good going forward but first and foremost he is supposed to be a left back (and that he aint)

I think you're right, Wenger will target Rose with Walcott, Rosicky, Cazorla et al down that wing.. If Eriksen starts out on the left Rose will be exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Massive 5 days ahead.

COYS

Good stuff, am over on an early flight myself. You can't beat a derby day, bring it on COYS!!!!!!

Probably see you for a pint at some stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 EoinMoran

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Good stuff, am over on an early flight myself. You can't beat a derby day, bring it on COYS!!!!!!

Probably see you for a pint at some stage :D

Quality, See you then mate, been a while!

I'm sure we can fit in 1 or 2 shandies... flying over at 8 and 8 flight home so I'll see you at some point!

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Both teams in good form, so prob a sh1t game. Seriously though I am expecting a really lively game and think we will just shade it, 2-1 or 3-2. I expect either Harry or Hugo to get MOTM but I don't mind Erikson scoring twice and proving me wrong. Hope Chadli is ready for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Is this Kane's first NLD?

I know he didn't play in the earlier game this season or the 2-1 win at the Lane last season. Can't think of the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Quality, See you then mate, been a while!

I'm sure we can fit in 1 or 2 shandies... flying over at 8 and 8 flight home so I'll see you at some point!

COYS

Super, hope it goes well lads, enjoy COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Come on you spurs!

Heart says 2.1 Kane, chadli.

My head says 3.3 thriller with Ade scoring 3 own goals and getting himself sent off just to spite us..

There is a barren match day thread in the main soccer forum, please make yerselfs at home lad's

Lamela starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Lamela starts.

Very odd considering his abysmal form

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Very odd considering his abysmal form

Chadli was in flying form? Lamela can be hot headed, not a great tackler either, big occasion. I'm gonna need a stiff vodka.

Arsenal have Walcott & Rosicky on the bench, both game changers. We don't really have anyone bar Chadli.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Bizarre to start lamela ahead of chadli... Only good news is Sanchez isn't starting or on the bench...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dier instead of Fazio as well. Big game for him.
    Tottenham XI: Lloris, Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Eriksen, Dembele, Lamela, Kane.

Nat that confident tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Is this Kane's first NLD?

I know he didn't play in the earlier game this season or the 2-1 win at the Lane last season. Can't think of the others.

Just saw Harry on BT saying today is his first NLD. COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just finishing up dinner at a restaurant then heading over to the pig n whistle here in Brisbane. Supposedly a big gathering of Spurs fans so should be good.

Would probably take a draw now but a win would be fantastic for our season.

Advertisement