Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Arsenal 7.2.14

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

richardjjd wrote: »
    Hows your day going, Mickman?

My day is frikking awesome - wife just arrived home with a curry chip , i think i might be in heaven

Back to the game - today was just crucial in my opinion. It wasnt just a win in an NLD , it was a big win at a huge point in the season. This is when arsenal go on their run and if they had won today i am convinced we wouldnt have gotten top 4. After todays win we are in with a huge shout.

This win will do wonders for the already burgeoning confidence of this young team

There is nothing that i can say about kane that hasnt been said already . The guy is a legend.

I can relax now for the merseyside derby :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

What a win,what a performance.totally dominated an in form Arsenal team,if this is the new Spurs I f**king love it.

tippspur wrote: »
    What a win,what a performance.totally dominated an in form Arsenal team,if this is the new Spurs I f**king love it.

More than that, just a few months ago we were absolutely crap!!! :D It's amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 EoinMoran

Easily the best day I've had in tottenham. Covered in beer and bruises. Never been at a better atmosphere in the lane

YIDS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

EoinMoran wrote: »
    Easily the best day I've had in tottenham. Covered in beer and bruises. Never been at a better atmosphere in the lane

YIDS

I was at a pub full of spurs fans. When the second goal went in we all went mental and I absolutely busted my left knee off the corner of a table. I had a lump the size of a tomato but didn't care was too pumped up from the goal! I'm feeling the pain today though so hopefully will be able to work tomorrow!!..

• Advertisement

Watched the highlights on motd - mason / dembele / bentaleb / Kane were really excellent

Dembele had shots with left and right , brought rose into play many times with good passes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

mickman wrote: »
    Watched the highlights on motd - mason / dembele / bentaleb / Kane were really excellent

Dembele had shots with left and right , brought rose into play many times with good passes

It would be unfortunate if he were sold, he divides supporters. Playing in a more advanced role is where he shines. Yesterday, so, so.

Far, far from the finished article, I believe playing there until the end of the season, it's a position where you can't go hiding. Grab it by the balls, or he'll be made redundant.

Finds himself in great scoring opportunities, but needs to delivery, Chadli has rocked in with 7 goals? Who I thought initially was horrid.

Pochettino deserves immense credit, his appointment felt right for once, putting his loyalty in kids. Beating Chelsea/Arsenal? Are you fúcking kidding me.

Yesterday was so one sided, much more than the Chelsea performance ever was. Result was never in doubt, Arsenal in fantastic form, although missing Sanchez were dominated.

I just hope the season doesn't fizzle out, the players deserve to win something this year.

Ship out the deadwood in the summer, which is being implemented, keep the spine, don't splurge, buy the correct players.

Will we finish 4th, probably not, but something is slowly starting to happen. I for one am excited.

Lamela, nah, sorry....not having it.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    It would be unfortunate if he were sold, he divides supporters. Playing in a more advanced role is where he shines. Yesterday, so, so.

Far, far from the finished article, I believe playing there until the end of the season, it's a position where you can't go hiding. Grab it by the balls, or he'll be made redundant.

Finds himself in great scoring opportunities, but needs to delivery, Chadli has rocked in with 7 goals? Who I thought initially was horrid, he needs to deliver.

Pochettino deserves immense credit, his appointment felt right for once, putting his loyalty in kids. Beating Chelsea/Arsenal? Are you fúcking kidding me. Regiment of Scarface on repeat doing obscene amount of coke at halftime.

Yesterday was so one sided, much more than the Chelsea performance ever was. Result was never in doubt, Arsenal in fantastic form, although missing Sanchez were dominated.

I just hope the season doesn't fizzle out, the players deserve to win something this year.

Ship out the deadwood in the summer, which is being implemented, keep the spine, don't splurge, buy the correct players.

Will we finish 4th, probably not, but something is slowly starting to happen. I for one am excited.

Lamela, nah, sorry....not having it.

Anfield on Tuesday will tell ..... COYS

ruiseal wrote: »
    Anfield on Tuesday will tell ..... COYS

Would expect a defeat here but most teams would lose there with their current form

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

A draw in Anfield would be great not least because it keeps them out of the 4th race...they are 4 behind us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Everywhere we go, everywhere we go......it's the Tottenham boys making all the noise....everywhere we go :D

Never seen the lane like it, the place was jumping yesterday. Massive day out was had.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

United look to be dropping three points too. I know it puts west Ham back into it but not a bad weekend at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

ziedth wrote: »
    United look to be dropping three points too. I know it puts west Ham back into it but not a bad weekend at all.

Turning out to be a great weekend with United loosing (if it stays like this). Pity qpr couldn't do anything against Southampton. Ah well can't have it all! COYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

ziedth wrote: »

As much as I love to see Utd beaten, it's those horrible cnuts wet spam, was hoping for a draw

As much as I love to see Utd beaten, it's those horrible cnuts wet spam, was hoping for a draw

Ah **** them they don't have the squad to be there abouts at the end anyway. Would much prefer united getting beat now.

tom1ie wrote: »
    Ah **** them they don't have the squad to be there abouts at the end anyway. Would much prefer united getting beat now.

Happy with that :) Delighted we got Poch and not Van Gaal, he's clueless.

Hard to believe they threw so much money at their problem (£150m+?) and they are still only about as good as us give or take. I think if Fergie had that squad they'd be battering everyone around them outside a handful of other teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

Interesting stat from yesterday's match ! The Spurs team was the youngest starting 11 of the season of any team in the Premiership. I keep saying it , the guys who are in charge of fitness and conditioning , deserve absolutely bucket loads of kudos for the level they have the squad at. And they still look fresh and eager at every match. That is astounding considering the amounts of games we have played since Christmas. In fairness to Lamela, his work rate was exemplary yesterday and he was in their faces despite not playing that well, so he cannot be criticised for not putting in a shift. Different challenge on Tuesday , but they will not fancy trying to mark Kane. Teams are now changing their defences to cope with his movement and effort and nobody has been able to shut him down. I think on current form we have a real shout of winning at Anfield, and I think this squad will not be happy with 4th, they will think they can do better. ( so do I) . In all my years ( over 47 yrs support done) , this is probably the best I have ever felt about where we are going.

Another thing I read, 5 of the 7 signings under Poch are under 21. As well as that we are constantly improving our scouting team http://www.givemesport.com/544578-tottenham-appoint-rob-mackenzie-as-head-of-player-identification

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

PVincent wrote: »
    Interesting stat from yesterday's match ! The Spurs team was the youngest starting 11 of the season of any team in the Premiership. I keep saying it , the guys who are in charge of fitness and conditioning , deserve absolutely bucket loads of kudos for the level they have the squad at. And they still look fresh and eager at every match. That is astounding considering the amounts of games we have played since Christmas. In fairness to Lamela, his work rate was exemplary yesterday and he was in their faces despite not playing that well, so he cannot be criticised for not putting in a shift. Different challenge on Tuesday , but they will not fancy trying to mark Kane. Teams are now changing their defences to cope with his movement and effort and nobody has been able to shut him down. I think on current form we have a real shout of winning at Anfield, and I think this squad will not be happy with 4th, they will think they can do better. ( so do I) . In all my years ( over 47 yrs support done) , this is probably the best I have ever felt about where we are going.
    Well said,agree about Lamela,he put in a good shift without doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Jaysis, i was expecting about 20 pages on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Jaysis, i was expecting about 20 pages on this thread.

Quality, not quantity 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I said it before and I'll say it again, the greatest compliment to Poch and what he has done with this squad is the manner in which Wenger set up his team coming to The Lane. Ten men behind the ball for the first half. Our only problem is - as more and more teams fear/respect us we're going to have to learn to break teams down and take what chances come our way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

I said it before and I'll say it again, the greatest compliment to Poch and what he has done with this squad is the manner in which Wenger set up his team coming to The Lane. Ten men behind the ball for the first half. Our only problem is - as more and more teams fear/respect us we're going to have to learn to break teams down and take what chances come our way.

I agree but Wenger only followed what has worked for all the lesser teams at WHL. If we can show the same urgency against these that we showed against Arsenal and Chelsea we'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

tuesday is a big test, win that and i will get very excited

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

tuesday is a big test, win that and i will get very excited

Draw would be great. Win and our ambitions should be higher than 4th

Liverpool look as good as us lately. Really interesting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

PVincent wrote: »
    I keep saying it , the guys who are in charge of fitness and conditioning , deserve absolutely bucket loads of kudos for the level they have the squad at.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

I'd never seen us at the bottom of this table before Poch came in!

Great news!

• Advertisement

Jesus Arsenal have some decent players coming back in the next few weeks. Makes the win all the more vital.

Advertisement