Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling house

Options
  • 05-02-2015 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Morning all
    I was talking to a real extate agent yesterday and he said that if I sold my house I can't build a house for 5 years !!! I'm sure he knows what he's talking about but this is stupid.... anyone have any experience of this ??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Sounds like complete nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭whereto now

Sounds like complete nonsense

Yeah thats what I thought... but lets see if anyone here knows any different.....

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Its true if you're in an area where local needs apply.

zac8 wrote: »
    Its true if you're in an area where local needs apply.
    Thanks for that..... I don't see the sense of it myself, anyone know the reason ? Probably to stop people building and selling a few houses.. but I thought you had to live in your house for a certain time now before you could sell ???? Just thinking our loud there !!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Thanks for that..... I don't see the sense of it myself, anyone know the reason ? Probably to stop people building and selling a few houses.. but I thought you had to live in your house for a certain time now before you could sell ???? Just thinking our loud there !!!:)

You've more or mless answered it yourself. If you are in a hatched area for local needs only then you can't flit in, build sell and build again.

• Advertisement

You've more or mless answered it yourself. If you are in a hatched area for local needs only then you can't flit in, build sell and build again.
    :
    Thanks for that Gracie Curved Den, I'm not a flitter tho:), I'm a local so can I sell and build again in the same area ? I did'nt build my current home so I'm not tied to staying in it for an allotted time.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

:
    Thanks for that Srameen, I'm not a flitter tho:), I'm a local so can I sell and build again in the same area ? I did'nt build my current home so I'm not tied to staying in it for an allotted time.....
    Flit as in out of one house in to another in a local needs area. You just cannot do that I'm afraid. Check with the local planning office to be sure of the rules applying in that area.

Flit as in out of one house in to another in a local needs area. You just cannot do that I'm afraid. Check with the local planning office to be sure of the rules applying in that area.

Thanks I'll do that, I just wanted to pick the minds of the all knowing boardies before I went to the planning office so I'd have an idea what the score was, hate going into these things blind.... Thanks again :)

Advertisement