Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

RDS Bike Show

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I think I will go along to see if I can get a few bargains.

Don't forget to haggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭gipi

DaveD wrote: »
    Tickets are available here for €12.50 if booked in advance. It's €15 on the door.

http://www.irishmotorbikeshow.com/early-bird-tickets/

The early booking offer finishes tomorrow, so if you can't blag freebies, act now!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm fighting in a competition on the 28th, I'll be too sore on the 29th ~ but if I get a freebie ticket I'll try make the 29th.

IMO the show is only good for hooking up with a few lads for the craic, throw in a few wheelies and act the bollox on the ride out to the show.

Apart from that its a load of bollox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Makikomi - As in previous years I think the freebie tickets are for Friday only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Nodster wrote: »
    Makikomi - As in previous years I think the freebie tickets are for Friday only

I usually get a dropsy in work, perks of the job :p

Really I wouldn't bother paying €15 for that rubbish when the best craic of the day is the ride out to the kip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

is it really that bad?

really most of the reason id go is just to get a look or sit on the manufacturers range of models.

looking at the shows site theres probably only 6 or so bikes id have much of an interest in. not a great selection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Its not a great show TBH, was in the Belfast one last year and it was average at best and its alot bigger and better then the RDS. As was said previously its mostly all the stuff they did not sell up north.

Might be lucky for a bargain on last day close to quitting time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

its a good way to pass a couple of hours, i wouldn't get too excited about it as i don't have cash for anything new anyway,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

www.cottermc.com will have one of the biggest stands there so you can check out their range and price online, they seem to do a good range of stuff, gives you an idea of pricing anyway. No affiliation.

Same here, picked up a shark vision r for €180 I think at the last bike show from the cotters stall, 2 years later and I still haven't seen it cheaper anywhere online to this day. Pity it only lasted 2 weeks but there you go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

anyone got spare comps or promo code for this show? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

Had a great day there today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Had a great day there today!

+1

Stunt riders alone were nearly worth the €15 entry although if you go around the back you can see them without entry. They put on a good show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

As the experience thread has been closed i'll leave this video here:

Being a 4 wheeled fan (Sorry!) I've only been to a few bike races, motocross and trackdays etc before but never a show. It was a fantastic experience and ill definitely be back next year, 100s of new bikes and classics, the live displays were brilliant, and the fabrication on the custom bikes was just incredible! I hope you enjoy my highlights video!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

guyfo wrote: »
    As the experience thread has been closed i'll leave this video here:

Being a 4 wheeled fan (Sorry!) I've only been to a few bike races, motocross and trackdays etc before but never a show. It was a fantastic experience and ill definitely be back next year, 100s of new bikes and classics, the live displays were brilliant, and the fabrication on the custom bikes was just incredible! I hope you enjoy my highlights video!

You had me at the bird with the Fire lighters :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

cool vid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 TheArtOfNoise

^^^^^what he said

Advertisement