Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ranelagh Bridge Pedestrians

Options
  • 05-02-2015 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Why the hell is there no pedestrian crossing at Ranelagh bridge to cross Canal Road?

In the evenings, people walking out of town into Ranelagh literally take their chances that cars won't turn into them because there is no dedicated pedestrian crossing cycle.

Is this just a massive oversight or am I doing something stupid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Get on to the Council about it. They might be inclined to sort it out, though I wouldn't hold my breath.

Why the hell is there no pedestrian crossing at Ranelagh bridge to cross Canal Road?

In the evenings, people walking out of town into Ranelagh literally take their chances that cars won't turn into them because there is no dedicated pedestrian crossing cycle.

Is this just a massive oversight or am I doing something stupid?

Isn't the crossing on the Barge side? Have they finished the roadworks there yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Yes, email your city councillors - You'll find out who they are on the Dublin City Council website.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,371 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You're not being stupid, it is very dangerous, and it's unexpected that there's no pedestrian crossing on either side of the bridge for a 4 point junction that is so busy.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement