Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB €1500 per month/quarterly no fees

Options
  • 05-02-2015 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Since October I've been lodging over €1500 each month but I've received my statement this morning and charges are nearly €40

October to December I lodged over €1500 into my current account but in January I lodged €1100 into the current and then transferred €1000 from my savings account into my current account, would this be the reason why I'm being charged fees?

I thought I'd ask here before I go to the bank.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Their terms and conditions just refer to making a cleared lodgement - there is no reference to the source of funds having to be external from what I can see - better give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Knock Off Nigel

They said I'm on an old cashflow account so I still have to pay the fees and that they'll change me over to the new account type, anyone else in same situation that was on an old ptsb acc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

They said I'm on an old cashflow account so I still have to pay the fees and that they'll change me over to the new account type, anyone else in same situation that was on an old ptsb acc?

They have a few different account types, you have to request which one you want.
    I have 2 accounts, both have different methods to claim the no fees offer.

dobsdave wrote: »
    They have a few different account types, you have to request which one you want.
    I have 2 accounts, both have different methods to claim the no fees offer.

Yes I have 2 accounts myself but did you have an old cashflow account and change it or did you recently only join ptsb?

Yes I have 2 accounts myself but did you have an old cashflow account and change it or did you recently only join ptsb?

I joined about 3 years ago.
    Did you request to be on the specific 1500 no fees account or did you just start lodging 1500?
    Your 2nd post in the thread suggests you didn't switch accounts for whatever reason.

• Advertisement

I joined about 3 years ago.
    Did you request to be on the specific 1500 no fees account or did you just start lodging 1500?
    Your 2nd post in the thread suggests you didn't switch accounts for whatever reason.

Thanks for replying I'm with them about 15 years it's only back in say September I seen somewhere that if I lodge 1500 there's no fees.

I don't think they should charge me the fees because I'm using as they say an old current account, they should have notified and told all customers they were changing the name on the current account, that's were my wages has been going through all these years.

Thanks for replying I'm with them about 15 years it's only back in say September I seen somewhere that if I lodge 1500 there's no fees.

I don't think they should charge me the fees because I'm using as they say an old current account, they should have notified and told all customers they were changing the name on the current account, that's were my wages has been going through all these years.

I wouldn't let them away with it, contact your branch/manager, I'm sure they would waive it for a loyal customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

What are they like to bank with.I'm currently with aib and I think they are a good bank to bank and that their internet banking is good.

What's ptsb internet banking like

I wouldn't let them away with it, contact your branch/manager, I'm sure they would waive it for a loyal customer.
    I'm going go in tomorrow see what they say it seems a bit pety to me what they're saying, because there is a differnt name on the current account fees still stand.

kala85 wrote: »
    What are they like to bank with.I'm currently with aib and I think they are a good bank to bank and that their internet banking is good.

What's ptsb internet banking like
    Never had any problems with them before, it's just this situation that has me a bit annoyed with them tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I sent a request to PTSB for a call regarding transferring my account to them from AIB, got an automated response to say they would call between 11-2 the next day. Still waiting........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

hey should have notified and told all customers they were changing the name on the current account

Huh? Are you saying that PTSB force moved you from the CashFlow current account product? The legacy CashFlow current account product still exists. A quarterly fee of 3.81 EUR applies to this product.

As you said above, you are best asking PTSB to move you to their new customer current account product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I am with them them 20.+ years and on the old account.

My fees are nominal if any monthy though, they told me I couldn't change to free banking as I would have to open a new account.

My first bank closed, the second bank I used then closed and it's a pain otherwise to do anything,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

PTSB don't do loyalty, or branch managers who know customers unfortunately. When p took over TSB all mangers were transferred, they closed the banch I was with, told me I had to use branch B, several years after closed branch B, now they don't care really,

They just want online banking, no customers

Advertisement