Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Draft/Draft Chat

• 04-02-2015 6:19pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have my eye on a QB and WR, very undecided who to go for.

I like to idea of taking Mettenberger for a couple of seasons and giving him a stud WR to throw to sounds like a great idea, but pass D on this version is defintely better so the ball may not actually get to my WR :pac:

a little over 24 hours to choose!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

I have my eye on a QB and WR, very undecided who to go for.

I like to idea of taking Mettenberger for a couple of seasons and giving him a stud WR to throw to sounds like a great idea, but pass D on this version is defintely better so the ball may not actually get to my WR :pac:

a little over 24 hours to choose!

I can give you a stud WR for your 1st round pick. You won't have the stress of choosing then.......

I'm after d line and defensive back reinforcements followed by a few late round gambles on some boom or boost guys I've scouted that are projected to go late or undrafted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Half started a mock draft,only a few lines,i'll throw it up tonight or tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

No real needs in the draft, the O Line needs some extra numbers, have my eye on a CB to.

No real needs in the draft, the O Line needs some extra numbers, have my eye on a CB to.

The benefit of us all getting good teams. No glaring holes to fill to even have a chance at being competitive.

Nelbert wrote: »
    The benefit of us all getting good teams. No glaring holes to fill to even have a chance at being competitive.

I dont know about the good team part, i struggled with my WR's last season and got hammered by the CPU a couple of times and you gave me a good beating to, also lost McCoy and Brandon Graham for the playoffs, and had nothing behind them, fixed that in FA so my draft is for back ups mostly and hopefully find a little gem to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

looking at linebackers and need an ol improvement, could do with a decent backup qb incase brees retires come next off season, short a decent wr

I dont know about the good team part, i struggled with my WR's last season and got hammered by the CPU a couple of times and you gave me a good beating to, also lost McCoy and Brandon Graham for the playoffs, and had nothing behind them, fixed that in FA so my draft is for back ups mostly and hopefully find a little gem to

Well the choice of team maybe. But for the most part we all had decent squads.
    My db's got the focus of my xp upgrades which saw my defence get better and better as the season went on and assuming I can get some cb cover and another safety or two I'll be fine there.
    My d line flattered to deceive last year. Very little pressure from my right (offence's left) other than when Matthews was over there. Hoping the signing of Spikes at MLB and d line draft and FA pickups will lead to a better balance and let me be creative on what gap to attack with Matthews.

tripperman wrote: »
    could do with a decent backup qb incase brees retires

You dont need the draft for that anymore, Matt Barkley told me he'd like to visit New Orleans.

looking at linebackers and need an ol improvement, could do with a decent backup qb incase brees retires come next off season, short a decent wr

I'm listening to offers on WRs. Specifically Boykin or Crabtree....
    Both would work well with Barkley!

Just a few lines on each,having done no scouting myself so all speculation.

Pick 1 Raiders

Media Prediction:FS

Whilst the FS position is an issue for the team having lost both McFadden and MJD to FA coupled with HB Giovanni Donaldson predicted to go at pick number 3,I expect the Raiders to go HB here.

Perrin Prediction:HB

Pick 2 Titans

Media Prediction:QB

Rumors have flooding out Tennessee this off season that the new coaching staff aren’t keen on Zach Mettenberger being the future of this Franchise but it could be a good time to make a change as two QB’s are expected to go in the 1st 2 picks,Hadley at 1 and Landrum at 2.
    QB Fender may come in the Titans thinking too,despite him expected to go lower than the other two at 17,he was MVP of the all star game throwing for over 300 yards,maybe stats like that would tilt favour his way.

The question is do the Titans fancy any of these QB's and if not will they move forward with Mettenberger and draft him an offensive weapon.
    This may prove to be the better option as currently the Titans have only 3 wide outs on there roster.
    Some tough decisions will have to be made in Tennessee.

PP:QB

Pick 3 Buccaneers

Media Prediction: FS

With only one TE on the roster and Stevie Brown signed from FA for FS I expect the Bucc’s to take a TE here,perhaps 6’7” powerhouse Keithen Powers predicted to go at number 12

PP:TE

Pick 4 Texans

Media Prediction: CB

Having lost CB Joseph to FA and with no real standout CB left I expect the Texans to with the media and a draft a CB.Dietric Levingston is the highest ranked CB predicted to go 5th.

PP:CB

Pick 5 Saints

Media Prediction: ROLB

Saints are in interesting postion as they could go to a few positiosn in the draft.The media are predicting a ROLB and we can see the reasoning behind that,35 year old Dwight Freeney signed in FA surely cannot be the future at that position for the Saints but do they look to rectify that here,a possible worry would be that no ROLB is expected to go in the first round.Another position they could look is improving at DT,with it being one of the few weakers areas on the roster could they go after a big man here? 284 pound run stopping DT Kedrick Mack is expected to go at 11 but does he tick all the right box’s for the Saints.
    And finally there’s talk that this could be Drew Bree’s final year in New Orleans,having regressed a bit this season and with a possible retirement on the cards do the Saints draft his replacement now?
    A lot may depend on what happens ahead of the Saints in the draft but I think one of Hadley and Landrum should be still available,even Scott Fender predicted to go at 17 may come into the equation.

PP:Coach Pick QB if not DT Kedrick Mack

Pick 6 Steelers

Media Prediction: LT

The Steelers come in at number 6,having signed Donal Penn at LT from FA I don’t think they go there in the draft but there are many places they could go,perhaps they look to upgrade the right side of their defence with either a ROLB or RE or maybe plum to give Big Ben another weapon in the shape of WR or TE.Perhaps even a trade down could be an option

Pick 7 Bears

Media Prediction: LOLB
    LOLB is a huge weakness on the Bears roster atm,expect them to go LOLB here,Brad Wallace expected to go at 4 may be the pick here.

PP:LOLB

Pick 8 Rams

Media Prediction: QB
    The Rams are in a very similar position to the Titans,on the lookout for both a WR and QB,should both Hadley and Landrum be gone I expect them to go WR here but I expect one to be there.

PP:QB

Pick 9 Jaguars

Media Prediction:TE

With only 1 TE on the roster the Jags may go TE here,with Powers possibly gone off the board they may look to Shawn Wilson instead,expected to go at 16

Pick 10 Browns

Media Prediction: MLB

At here at number 10 we find the Browns,despite winning the superbowl they’re not without their problems,both MLB Dansby and SS Whitner have regressed and also have lost LE Taylor to FA who had the 2nd most sacks on the team last season but rumours coming out Cleveland are that the scout reports have been poor in those postions so a possible trade out of here could be on the cards.Although Octvious Greene may come into the reckoning expected to go at 7.

PP:Trade out of 10

Pick 11 Cardinals

Media Prediction: QB

Cardinals come in at number 11 with some interests roster moves in the off season,gone are Larry Fitz and Carson Palmer with no direct replacements signed,one would imagine these will be one of the 2 postions they’ll look to improve here at 11.Whilst there WR core does need improving with only 3 on the roster QB must be the position they look to here unless the staff in Arizona see Drew Stanton as the future of the Franshise.QB could be a hot property in this draft with 3 possibly going in the top 10 alone and another QB not expected to go till pick 31 of the 2nd round.
    Could a possible trade up be on the cards to get the guy they want? Or could the Cards throw a curve ball and go for a OLB,another position of interest on their roster.

PP:They roll the dice and stay put and hope only 2 QB’s go in the top 10.

Pick 12 Dolphins

LOLB is a weakness on their roster,with Sherick Farrell expected to go 8 they could go here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

tbh, my decision will be made depending on what the raiders pick but i am leaning towards WR at this point

Tried to merge threads and got it all wrong
    Simpsontide1.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Tried to merge threads and got it all wrong
    Simpsontide1.jpg

noob :pac:

good draft perrin, its very interesting mock draft, dont think a qb will fall to me, but my defence does need them two players

Pick 13 Patriots

Having lost Nate Solder to FA the Pats must draft his replacement here,LT JD Fender looks most likely predicted to go at 5

PP:LT

Pick 14 Vikings

Having lost C Sullivan to FA this is a position the Vikes may look to here with C Phil Vereen predicted to go at 15,that being said they are also quite short at MLB with the only one on the roster being Akem Dent who they signed from FA.

PP:C

Pick 15 Falcons

Media Prediction: RE

Falcons are an interesting position,they have only 1 TE and 1 RE on their roster,both of who were signed from FA,with 2 TE’s possibly already gone at this stage they may look to RE Dillon Peters predicted to go 30.

PP:RE

Pick 16 Bengals

Another team with LOLB problems ,although 2 may already be gone at this stage I still they go there as this draft has good depth at that position,LOLB Lynden Dunn predicted to go 10 would seem the likely option.

Pick 17 49ers

Its hard to argue with the media prediction here,the 49ers only have 2 CB’s on the roster and need help at that position,with possibly only 1 CB gone off the board at this stage they should have their pick of them.
    Then again who’s they say they will,perhaps with the loss of Crabtree and a lack of speed at the WR core they may elect to draft a speedster here,with possibly only 1 WR gone off the board this much like the CB’s may leave them with a quite good selection to choose from.

Pick 18 Redskins:

Media Prediction: RG

Redskins are in need of a RG but with no RG expected to go till the 3rd round,they may elect to go MLB instead due to the better depth quality in the draft,if Byran Nelson is gone ecpect them to take Carlows Dickson instead expected to go 21.

PP:MLB

Pick 19 Giants

Giants have no FS on the roster,expect them to take the first here with Lakeem Lunsford expected to go at 18

PP:FS

Pick 20 Broncos

About the only 2 positions this team needs improving are at MLB and C,with the top center gone and another not expected to go till the second they may go MLB here with Chauncey Shipley expected to go at 26.

Pick 21 Jets

Jets look weak at WR with Decker being the only real standout,if top 2 Wr’s Cooper and Browning are gone then Finley may be the one taken expected to go 25.

PP:WR

Pick 22 Panthers

Media Prediction: LG

Panthers had quite the impressive Free agency bringing in a lot of big names on both sides of the ball,with so many improvements its hard to know where they may go in the draft.Two positions they may look too though are ROLB and SS,both Chase Blackburn and Roman Harper have a lot of mileage on the clock at this stage and this could be the time to draft a suitable replacement.It will be interesting to see where they go and if SS Octvious Greene expected to go 7 is still on the board this could be the likely option.

PP:SS

Pick 23 Cowboys

Media Prediction: RT

Whilst the Cowboys did lose HB Murray they do have an able replacement in Rodgers to step up,who they don’t have replacement for is RT Doug Free who they also lost to FA,a RT is not expected to go till the 3rd round of the draft but the Cowboys may just have to take a risk here.

PP:Trade with another cpu team or RT

Pick 24 Colts

With no real no.2 CB on the roster this is where the Colts may go,if Ryans is gone at this stage they may look to Lenzelle Ingram expected to go at pick 8 round 2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I just hope to God Justin Smith doesn't retire after the draft.

3 hours till draft and not a single person scouted and gotta head to the gym now,I smell some busts for the Browns :pac:

3 hours till draft and not a single person scouted and gotta head to the gym now,I smell some busts for the Browns :pac:

and they will prob still make sb

and they will still win the sb

FYP Trippers

It's ok guys,I'm back with an hour to spare to do some scouting :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Will try get on 15 min before and do my scouting, will someone who is friends with everyone send out invites for an Xbox live party for the banter!

Pick 25 Chargers

Chargers need a whole host of positions but they also need to protect Rivers,with good depth at the LT position expect them to look to LT Aerion McCoy expected to go at 9.

PP:LT

Pick 26 Ravens

Media Prediction: SS

Ravens need a SS as Matt Elam hasn’t progressed as much as they liked,although if Octvious Greene is gone and I think he will be, there’s a real lack of talent behind him,if so they may look to RE Damian Timmons expected to as the 1st pick of the 2nd round

PP:RE

Pick 27 Lions

The Lions had quite impressive FA with some high profile acquisitions,improving in multiple postions,so with no glaring holes they could go a few places with this pick.It may come down to whats been taken ahead of them.If no LE taken when it comes to this pick they may opt Marquez Stokes predicted to go at 31,alternatively they elect to improve the O-line,its anyone’s guess

PP:LE

Pick 28 Eagles

Media Prediction: SS
    Anonther team that had an impressive FA was the Eagles,whislt the roster was improved there are some weakness's especially at the SS position,although at this stage predicted 1st rounder Octvious Greene will most likely be gone so they make look to improve at DT instead,again though with one gone off the board and the next highest not expected to go till the end of the 3nd round they most not choose to go this way either.
    In fact don't be surprised if the Eagles take a WR or CB here.

PP: CB

Pick 29 Seahawks

The Seahawks war room will be one to watch coming into this draft,they have big contracts looming on the horizon,with Wilson,Wagner,Lynch and Irvin to name just a few.Who they take here will be very interesting
    That being said they may leave those problems for another day and opt to give Russell Wilson another target to throw with Percy Harvin being the only real standout of the wideouts.

PP: WR

Pick 30 Chiefs

Media Prediction: WR

Chiefs need a WR,they only have 2 on the roster,it must be WR here.

PP: WR

Pick 31 Packers

Media Prediction: DT

I think the Pack could go one of 3 ways,I think they will look to the DT positon and depending what way the picks go ahead they will be their most likely choice,failing that they could to improve at LE or even decide to give A Rod another weapon at TE.

PP:DT

Pick 32 Browns

Rounding off the final pick of the 1st round will be the Browns again,who they take may very well depend on who they take with pick 10,if they haven’t traded out of there then they may well go with the best available talent here,perhaps another weapon for Johnny football may tempt them here.

PP:LE or WR

I gotta jump for ten but some1 could creat a draft chat room via tinychat probably.

it has people and cameras on there :eek:

Still undecided on who to go for

I'll swap 1st rounders with you to give you more time to decide.... I'm nice like that

That was the site that was used here before.

Anyway here's room set up in any case
    http://tinychat.com/ewaaoq

Jesus the cpu is gonna draaaaag this out

Jesus the cpu is gonna draaaaag this out
    I know you can skip them in other rounds,don't know about the 1st though.
    Join the chat room.

Any way of making the CPU pick quicker???

• Advertisement

I know you can skip them in other rounds,don't know about the 1st though.
    Join the chat room.

Cant, on the phone, i think you can skip to the next human pick.

Advertisement