Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work from home

Options
  • 05-02-2015 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

http://www.donedeal.ie/view/8621475
    Flexible & Portable. Up to 5k per Sale.

Has anyone actually applied for one of these jobs and making money? Whatever they are offering. I got in contact with them and they called me back. They asked me questions like what did I want to earn and my goals. Everytime I asked them what the job entailed they would skip to something else. Are these adds just a scam?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

Run away.

I hope you didn't give them much info.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Feckthis wrote: »

Has anyone actually applied for one of these jobs and making money? Whatever they are offering. I got in contact with them and they called me back. They asked me questions like what did I want to earn and my goals. Everytime I asked them what the job entailed they would skip to something else. Are these adds just a scam?

I always presume these things are just Pyramid Schemes !!
    they will sell you "the opportunity" and you get to sell "the opportunity" to as many as you like.. Load of rubbish..
    If they had a product to sell it would be advertised... not just a photo of that ape in the blue shirt !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Feckthis

GoodBridge wrote: »
    Run away.

I hope you didn't give them much info.

I didn't thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

_Brian wrote: »
    I always presume these things are just Pyramid Schemes !!
    they will sell you "the opportunity" and you get to sell "the opportunity" to as many as you like.. Load of rubbish..
    If they had a product to sell it would be advertised... not just a photo of that ape in the blue shirt !

That would be her husband surely your super inspired by how successful they clearly are!!

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    That would be her husband surely your super inspired by how successful they clearly are!!

Maybe its some sort of growth promoting steroid.. Just 2 weeks before he was smaller than Michael D !!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

What is it? cleaning products?

Buttercake wrote: »
    What is it? cleaning products?

I think its "business coaching". I guess you pay 5k to learn how to do it then charge other people upto 5k for you to teach them the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

jimmii wrote: »
    I think its "business coaching". I guess you pay 5k to learn how to do it then charge other people upto 5k for you to teach them the same.

Pyramid scheme it is so.
    No actual goods of value being traded. No intellectual property of value.

It's a matter of pay them €5k and they'll tell you how to scam €5k from other suckers just like you.

• Advertisement

_Brian wrote: »
    Pyramid scheme it is so.
    No actual goods of value being traded. No intellectual property of value.

It's a matter of pay them €5k and they'll tell you how to scam €5k from other suckers just like you.

No idea if that is what it is how do the people do that keep reeling suckers in though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Are these adds just a scam?

If you feel you need to ask the question, you already know the answer...

Your looking to get into something to make some money I see from your various posts the last few weeks. My advice to you would be to look for inspiration in something you already have knowledge about. Trying to force a business and looking at random ideas is a tricky road, and much harder to make something stick. You just end up jumping from one idea to the next. When you are inspired by something, you are more driven to make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

OP, steer clear of anything that hides what the opportunity is, or requires you to pay for costly training before starting.

I recommend reading Starting Your Business & Starting a Business in Ireland, both by Brian O'Kane. You'll find it it every library in the country if you don't want to buy it, and check out the rest of the business section while you're there.

You can also a Start Your Own Business course with most of the local enterprise offices - check out https://www.localenterprise.ie to find yours and give them a call and ask them if they are running any soon. If they're not you'll find those courses run privately in the cities on a very regular basis.

Also have a read back through 10 or 15 pages of this forum, there's a wealth of knowledge and ideas to be picked up from the discussion threads here.

HTH.

Advertisement