Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IM Austria 2015 - waves

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I hate how they usually consign all women to the back but hey, the M50-54 have it worse.

Its a stupid idea, changes the whole feel of the start of IM. Mass starts may be tough, but they tend to be self seeding a lot of the time and god, theyre fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

yes its true it could make 1 min of a difference but you d easily get that back from passing cyclists on the course somthing a 50 min swimmer dosnt get right now.
    So in a way its fantastic for a good 35-39 swimmer...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Copenhagen had women off in wave 3 - after the Pros and those over 50 I believe. Younger age groups went last

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

The mass swim start rather than waves was always a plus IM had over Challenge in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

peter kern wrote: »
    yes its true it could make 1 min of a difference but you d easily get that back from passing cyclists on the course somthing a 50 min swimmer dosnt get right now.
    So in a way its fantastic for a good 35-39 swimmer...

I like this thinking and was thinking something similar today.

Normally i get out low 50s and watch people constantly go by me. I might get to pass some people on the bike fir once!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

How is the order of the age group waves decided?? I think it blows that women usually get stuck in the back. I think I understand what you are implying about passing others on the bike (a quick draft?), but for someone like me, I imagine I'd never make up what I'd lose on the swim. At least per the course map, it's a single loop swim. That helps.

Advertisement