Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fakro Pricing

Options
  • 05-02-2015 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Im about to press an order on Fakro units all in with accessories to the tune of €3k + Vat

A quick check reveals I can get the same package in UK incl VAT for €2800 in todays high exchange rate..

Should I not be shocked at the near €1000 difference? I could drive van over and back for half that eek.png

What's your thoughts? Suck it up or put some effort in and get them from UK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

Get them from the north

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

hexosan wrote: »
    Get them from the north

One supplier on the Island only frown.png ie the original quote!

You wouldn't have to drive over I'm sure you'd get a haulage company to pick them up for you.

hexosan wrote: »
    You wouldn't have to drive over I'm sure you'd get a haulage company to pick them up for you.

True, I could get shiply or Anyvan on it I suppose!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

And if there is a problem with the units..

• Advertisement

BryanF wrote: »

They'll get the Irish crowd to deal with it.

Its a Fakro Unit I guess regarding warranty....regardless of supplier/provider/installer its Fakro themselves. €1000 difference is very hard to swallow!

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭rampantbunny

BryanF wrote: »

I bought a roof lite from Irish supplier...€900 euro. After it was installed I noticed that some of the external trim wasn't affixed properly. Was told they'd fix it, which I took in good faith. Ordered another one which has arrived after a long wait (they order in from Poland)..another €900.
    No sign of the first one to be fixed :rolleyes:

Point is, hardly matters where you buy from these days. You can still get screwed...only by someone living nearer you.

I went elsewhere in the end....Keylite proved their desire to be in the market on this one!!!

Advertisement