Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

puppy out of sorts

• 05-02-2015 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    is it possible that my new sofas have knocked my puppy off kilter? He's a one year old yorkie and is usually full of life and mischief but since the new sofas arrived he's really quiet indoors. Is it just a matter of waiting it out till he gets used to the change?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Entirely possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

He's probably busily constructing a secret lair inside the base of the sofas from which to roll out his plans for world domination. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kevvhayes1972

That sounds very possible knowing the mischievous little fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

How long have you had the sofas?
    They SMELL strange!
    They LOOK different!
    Where are his old sofas gone?!?!
    What horrible monsters could be lurking in them new yokes?!?
    Im sure he will soon be making himself comfie on a new sofa - if he is allowed on the sofa, you could put one of his blankets on one, and slowly introduce him onto it.. or one of your worn/old jumpers or something...
    I have a nervous-ish dog - anything new in the house makes for a worrying introduction

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kevvhayes1972

Only have the sofas a week. He's allowed on them and we've put a blanket of his on each one. I think he may be getting static from them. Would that be possible??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

He's fairly young at a year old and big leaps are disencouraged for younger dogs. Are the new sofas higher than the old ones? A little footstool as a step-up for him might be a help.

Advertisement