Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs Clearance Agency/Revenue Office

Options
  • 05-02-2015 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

I'm importing an item from Japan that is over the 650 euro limit that can be processed by the An Post customs office. I received a letter today stating that I need to go to a Customs Clearance Agency/Revenue Office to get a SAD (single administrative document) filled out before I can get my item.

Does anyone have any recommendations for who to go to for this? I had a google but my mind is a bit boggled by the info I'm getting and I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right sort of agencies? I live in Drumcondra, somewhere city centre or north city centre would be convenient.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I know all about how much of a pain this is! You can pop in to them here to do it saves on using an agent and only takes a couple of phone calls.

You first need to get the rate of duty and tariff code you then ring New Custom House and give them those details they will tell you how much is due then pop down with the bank draft and you should have your stuff in a day or two.

I have the phone numbers you need PM if you want to do it yourself and I will forward them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I can look after that for you as it's part of my job. I'll PM my details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BirdParker

Hi Darren. I know it's an old thread but the same thing has happened to me but with a fairly expensive piece of jewellery. Is the SAD process more expensive depending on the item? Any advice appreciated. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

There is no charge for the guy filling out the SAD. Ring them first and they will tell you what you need to do as you have to get a bank draft for the amount to take down when you get the form filled out.

Advertisement