Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Explorer 11 users please read

• 05-02-2015 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭

There is a major security flaw in Internet explorer 11 that is not patched yet. More details can be found on Irish Tech News

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Impetus

skimpydoo wrote: »
    There is a major security flaw in Internet explorer 11 that is not patched yet. More details can be found on Irish Tech News

I suspect that nobody here uses IE....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

18calq4ybym0sjpg.jpg

18calq4ybym0sjpg.jpg

Not wishing to split hairs, and this is an interesting chart etc, but no security conscious person uses IE, without an "I am forced to in this application" type of reason. It is not a matter of declining market share of IE among the unwashed populations of the planet. Not to mention murderers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Impetus wrote: »
    Not wishing to split hairs, and this is an interesting chart etc, but no security conscious person uses IE, without an "I am forced to in this application" type of reason. It is not a matter of declining market share of IE among the unwashed populations of the planet. Not to mention murderers.

It's only a joke, based on the fact that correlation does not imply causation.

It's only a joke, based on the fact that correlation does not imply causation.

I know...... correlation coefficient = 0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Some companies still believe in using all Microsoft products and also some web apps/sites only work with IE.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Some companies still believe in using all Microsoft products and also some web apps/sites only work with IE.

ActiveX controls - insecure, dated, legacy built-in, disaster. Exclusive to MS.

Crapware? but worse.....???

ActiveX controls - insecure, dated, legacy built-in, disaster. Exclusive to MS.

Crapware? but worse.....???
    I agree but I know of a few companies that use online software that only works on IE.

Dumb servers serving dumb clients.

Dumb servers serving dumb clients.
    Well the software they use should be designed to work on more than one browser.

• Advertisement
Advertisement