Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Smart TV - 2 Questions

• 05-02-2015 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I got my first ever smart TV during the week. Its a Sony KDL42W705B.

The manuals with it were more concerned with putting the stand on it and how to hang it on your wall.

What I want to know is :

1. Is it possible to add my own apps to it such as Flickr and if so how.
    2. How do I get to the players ? eg RTE, Channel4 etc.

Thanks in advance

Mark.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Have you read the online manual ? The Sony website seems to have plenty of tips and tutorials for that TV.

Online Manual: http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/14HE334111/EN/basnet.html

Online Support: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-42W705B#Compatibility

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

markst33 wrote: »

The manuals with it were more concerned with putting the stand on it and how to hang it on your wall.

What I want to know is :

Thanks in advance

Mark.

It really depends on what apps are available. When you switch your tv on does it give you an option for an App Store? The apps listed there are the only ones available.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭markst33

No, there is no option for the app store.

Any ideas how I get to the players for RTE and CH4 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Dazzling D

markst33 wrote: »

What I want to know is :

Thanks in advance

Mark.

No, there is no opportunity to add apps to it apart from through the Opera app store. All Smart Tvs are limited to the apps that are already in their own app store. Sony's selection is probably one of the widest out there - even Apple TV is much more limited.

Channel 4 player isn't available in Ireland on any Smart TV platform. RTE Player is only on some devices as they say only 3% of their streams come from Smart TVs. They even stopped developing for the PS3 which is one of the most popular devices out there.

Advertisement