Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review my school website please

• 05-02-2015 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

This is the first website that I have created, I used weebly. We hope to get scoilnet.ie to host it as its free for schools.

I'd appreciate any feedback, suggestions etc.

Thanks

http://summerhillnationalschool.weebly.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭bigtomm

simple, informative and logical....updated websites are far more useful than glossy out of date ones...
    well done..its cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 STintin

Simple and Cool, good work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    I'm focusing mainly on what I think could be improved so don't take it that this is all criticism.
    You have an e-mail address in the header but it's not clickable.
    I like the scrolling text with 'school closed on march 16..' (normally scrolling text it tacky but it works here)
    Mission Statement looks clickable.
    Sort our the alignment of the title & paragraphs under it- Saint Josephs begins 1/2 way down; it all looks a bit messy.
    Can you get a better photo of the school; maybe without the flags on a clear day?
    There's quiet a gap between mission statement paragraphs and 'Communion and Confirmation 2015'. You don't see it unless you scroll down.
    Lose the visitor counter at the end of homepage.

besides that I like it; simple navigation expect for about and contact- why hide them under home?

cheers,
    pa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

You spelled discipline incorrectly- you have "Code of Disipline".
    On the "About section" you have "summers day;s" instead of "summer days".
    Didn't look any further. To be honest it is funny that came from a school. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Thanks all, and I value your comments, I will sort out the points mentioned above especially the spelling OMG!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Fraz99

I like the responsive design. One small criticism that always bugs me out in web design is the white image on the home page. I'd suggest a transparent background so it'll blend in better. Also initiatives is spelt wrong on green schools page. I suggest possibly using a free spell check online to spell check all text too ^.^

Anyway good luck and good job with your site!

Advertisement