Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potty training...going backwards!

Options
  • 05-02-2015 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

My son has been potty trained since last October and was 2 and 5 months at the time, took 3 days before he caught the hang of it and it has been plain sailing up until last Friday.
    He had 3 accidents that day in play school (including a poo) and has had an accident daily since, he's actually had 2 in the past 2 hours.
    There has been no change at home that would disturb his routine, he tells me most of the time when he needs the bathroom, but his recent accidents he hasn't even acknowledged. He doesn't get embarrassed or even flinch when he has an accident anymore whereas before, on rare occasions, he used to get upset and panicky. I don't punish him when he has an accident I calmly explain what he's done and that he should only go in the toilet which he understands.
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them or has any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Same happened here, we had a week or so of increased accidents, then back to normal. It looked to me as if he was just testing reactions and peeing his pants deliberately.
    Could be a control thing?
    I just reacted as always, didnt make a fuss in either direction (telling him off or be overly disappointed) and it stopped again.
    Our son is now 3 and 3 months, was potty trained around 2.5 years and like your son got the concept very quickly.

Hopefully it's just a phase! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

He could have a urinary tract infection. My daughter (4) was having lost of accidents recently, she's been potty trained for almost 2 years.... Turned out she had a uti which she got antibiotics for.

You can give it a few more days if it continues go to the doc where he can test a sample if his wee and check if there's something there

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KarKar10

Had no accidents at all yesterday and today so far, hopefully he was just testing us to see if he'd get more attention.
    If it was a UTI he'd still be having accidents so hopefully that's ruled out now, thanks for your comments 😊

Advertisement