Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying with travel system - bassinet

Options
  • 05-02-2015 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

We are considering going away when our baby is about 10 weeks old, over to London for a weekend to stay with family. The pram section of our travel system is certified for overnight sleeping so would be handy to bring it with us. Aer Lingus say a foldable stroller is ok at the gate but the travel system doesn't fold with the bassinet section on and it's quite bulky. Has anyone done this before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Honestly I wouldn't bother, just ask if your relatives can borrow a travel cot or moses basket from someone. I would bring the base and car seat (what if you need to get a taxi etc?) ... Also you'd find the bassinet difficult to manage/carry on public transport etc.

Even if you don't need the car seat, I'd still use the buggy rather than the bassinet. It would be very difficult logistically to manage baby plus luggage plus base plus separate bassinet, especially around the airport etc. (Obviously buggy won't fold with car seat either, but you can put baby in it and carry it, so one less "item" to mind!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Aer Lingus allow you to bring three parts of a buggy as long as they are all part of a travel system. We went to Portugal when our daughter was 16 weeks and we took the chassis, the buggy section and because we were renting a car, we also took the Maxicosi car seat. We checked the buggy part and kept the Maxicosi and chassis with us until we boarded. Luckily the flight wasn't full and we were allowed to bring the car seat on board and put her in it in the seat between us. When we were checking in she deliberately put us in an aisle and window seat but said she couldn't guarantee the middle seat would be free, but it was free both going and coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

I took my daughter on hols when she was 8 weeks and brought the bassinet. My bassinet folded flat and I checked that in. Then I brought baby through to the plane in the car seat and left the base of the pram at the door of the plane. As the plane wasn't full I was able to sit her in the car seat next to me on the plane. However they was a 4.5 hour flight to the Canaries might be more effort that it's worth for going to on a flight to London.

Amy chance you have a lie flat stroller or could borrow one for the trip? They are so handy when you are travelling not in a car....

Advertisement