Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microstation

Options
  • 05-02-2015 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

hello all,
    i'm curious - is Microstation still used much or is it all revit/autocad?
    Just being nosey - a long time since i drew but keep seeing revit popping up which leads me to wonder whether my rusty Microstation skills are worth scrubbing up!
    TIA.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

I've had to use microstation on a project lately for the first time, having never used it before. However, that being said, I don't see it being majorly advantageous to scrub up on your skills in this area. It's not a program that's widely used or sought after, and in most places that are looking for it the fact that you've ever been acquainted with it will put you ahead of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Daragh86

In Ireland it is really only used by the RPA (Rail Procurement Agency) and any consultancies and contractors working on any RPA projects such as LUAS. Other than RPA projects it's not very widely used, although it is considered a much more powerful software for 3D modelling than AutoCAD 3D. I think is it just that AutoCAD is much more user friendly that makes it more widely used.
    My personal preference is AutoCAD every time, though each to their own!

Advertisement