Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

buy apple TV box in UK?

• 05-02-2015 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

If I buy an Apple TV box in the UK will there be any problems using it here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

No. Same plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Marian Walsh

I was wondering about anything that might be installed on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,484 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There is an OS installed on it but the first time you plug it in it will download an update and what it chooses to show you in terms of channels will depend on where you are located rather than where it was purchased - the box is effectively the same no matter where you buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Marian Walsh

Thanks for that. I will go ahead and buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Are there any rumors of new channels coming to UK and Ireland?

The US version has more channels but licensing etc means that our version is relatively sparse. Apple may be focused on the 4th gen of Apple TV but for it to really take off you would think that they will have to improve the content as the hardware is great already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement