Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transporter

Options
  • 05-02-2015 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Does anyone have any pics of a transporter with pop up roof that also includes a flush toilet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

El Kabong! wrote: »
    Does anyone have any pics of a transporter with pop up roof that also includes a flush toilet?

Do you mean a cassette toilet, an enclosed toilet?

0c1a1475f966279f7ada65313470c83f.jpg

Use the jungle!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭El Kabong!

Some interesting options there I hadn't seen before. Thanks.

I would be happy with a proper casette/flush toilet like the elegant above, but in a cupboard... i.e. when you open the cupboard door it would block off the central passageway and provide privacy. It would just be family so a curtain etc would be acceptable I suppose. I guess I would prefer it to be hidden away from view anyway!

Oh in the video above the CMC Reimo has that. Nice.

Was thinking of doing my own build at some point to keep the costs down and I have layout ideas but would prefer to work against some proper pics/ideas!

• Advertisement

Was thinking of doing my own build at some point to keep the costs down and I have layout ideas but would prefer to work against some proper pics/ideas!

Its a tiny tiny space. Typically whatever idea you have you think is great has been done by someone else already and better. 90% are still just a progression of the original westfalia plans there only so much you can do.

Every hour you put into researching and ripping off the best of other peoples ideas brings the benefit of millions of hours of thought and thousands of hours of hard work.

moodrater wrote: »
    Its a tiny tiny space.

+1

Too small for one let alone a family imho.

If one person wants to leave and others have to get up to allow them out then I'd consider that a design failure.
    Also consider you need space to dance...even if you don't.

I have had a camper van before and I am ready to try something of that size out.

The No.1 requirement is ease of access to small roads/towns and parking, especially height barriers.
    No.2 is onboard non porta potty toilet.

• Advertisement

These are good for extra space/outdoor shower.

90013.jpg

The No.1 requirement is ease of access to small roads/towns and parking, especially height barriers.
    No.2 is onboard non porta potty toilet.

The height barriers are a balls alright, the one at our local harbour is 1.8m even a t4 won't fit.

Few of them I find are easy enough drive around with meaty tyres. Low barrier surrounded by 5" kerb. :rolleyes:

Never have much problem with them myself. I'd rather be up a mountain than on the coast.

Few of them I find are easy enough drive around with meaty tyres. Low barrier surrounded by 5" kerb. :rolleyes:

Never have much problem with them myself. I'd rather be up a mountain than on the coast.

I'd rather be up a mountain on the coast, no better view than the top of brandon on a clear day. I grew up sailing / being a beach bum so any view without the sea is a bit meh.

Well yeah true.
    Although in the back of my mind I'd be all like ooh that sea wind's gonna rust my what-have-yous. :rolleyes:

I'd be all like ooh that sea wind's gonna rust my what-have-yous. :rolleyes:

10957096_787963597939821_641760035_n.jpg

See the mod. gang are now painting their cars with rust these days?

13890954680_52fc1ff6ca_m.jpg
    (better keep it VW don't wanna hijack the thread)

Grind it down, add salt + beer, rust it up, laquer on top. :eek:

See the mod. gang are now painting their cars with rust these days?

13890954680_52fc1ff6ca_m.jpg
    (better keep it VW don't wanna hijack the thread)

Grind it down, add salt + beer, rust it up, laquer on top. :eek:

There a spray on yoke for that now:
    http://www.sprayonrustpaint.co.uk/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvoFNAHVR9A

There was a video on youtube of a slightly unhinged canuck fella doing it with cocoa powder was actually quite convincing.

Advertisement