Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking dog in car

• 05-02-2015 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

Hi long time browser first time poster so hope this is in correct place.
    Is there anything on the market that allows you divide the back seat of your car, one third two thirds for when the dog is in the car.
    The idea would be to have one third for the dog and two thirds for children.
    I know there are products to prevent your dog coming from the back seat to the front but that's not what I'm after.
    All advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Havent seen a product like you describe.
    Think you might have to rig something yourself... Maybe if you got one of those dog hammocks (that go across the whole back seat making a contained dog hammock - you know the ones I mean? They're great!) in a pound shop, you could rig it to go sideways somehow... Is this to keep the dog away from the children, or the children away from the dog?! Would the dog 'jump' over anything that you put up if the former? A harness/seatbelt??

A picture of your solution would be nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Thanks for your reply.
    I've done a fair bit of searching online and haven't seen anything either.
    It's not to keep the dog and children apart, it's to try keep all the hair and and other mess confined to one area.
    The dog is great he just lies on the back seat and won't get up till the car stops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Trying to keep dog hair to one section of the car - you dont have a hope! :D
    Dont you know Dogs shed their body weight in hair/dander/fluff every day?!?!

You could try one of those plastic/canvas dog hammocks - and just fold it over in half.
    Short of putting the dog in a plastic bag up to his neck, I dont think it'll make any difference. Our cars, even though we have just one dog now, are just covered in dog hair :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

You could use a dog seat.

It's on my wish-list. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dkod

Why not use a crate.
    Keeps car spotless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Primus Pilus

Have you thought about getting a dog seat belt? It's a dog harness that attaches to the car's seat belt. It will keep the dog in one spot and keep him safe too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

A harness and a blanket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

A doggie hammock with sides will do you, just don't stretch it across the full width of the seats.
    1.0x0.jpg

You can get half width ones but I guess they're harder to find
    free-shipment-Pet-car-mat-pet-car-hammock-mats-waterproof-pad-dog-pad-car-seat-cushion.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

Get a dog guard and put them in the boot. I got a guard from Aldi for only €15 and its fantastic! My boot is a filthy mess but at least its not my seats! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ashbx wrote: »
    Get a dog guard and put them in the boot. I got a guard from Aldi for only €15 and its fantastic! My boot is a filthy mess but at least its not my seats! :)

Did you even read the OP?! :confused:

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    Did you even read the OP?! :confused:

Yes I did, thank you!! The OP wants a way to keep the "hair and mess in a confined area"....I suggested putting the dogs in the boot and therefore confining the hair and mess to the boot.

The OP also stated that all advice is welcome....I gave my advice!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ashbx wrote: »
    Yes I did, thank you!! The OP wants a way to keep the "hair and mess in a confined area"....I suggested putting the dogs in the boot and therefore confining the hair and mess to the boot.

The OP also stated that all advice is welcome....I gave my advice!!!

Well done
    I know there are products to prevent your dog coming from the back seat to the front but that's not what I'm after.

tk123 wrote: »
    Well done

Sure while your at it, why not jump on the poster who dared suggesting a seatbelt?!?

I appreciate your input but if the OP has an issue with my suggestion im sure they can tell me themselves!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Okay folks,
    Calm down!
    Back on topic please.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Do what I do when the back of my estate is filled with dogs. Size of dog permitting I put a soft canvas crate on the back seat. I secure it with the seatbelt & problem solved.

Advertisement