Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a cheap Sega Dreamcast

Options
  • 05-02-2015 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

anyone know any shops or online stores that sells cheap Dreamcast's besides Ebay mad to get one back??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can try Rage in Dblin. Their game prices are a rip off but their console prices were ok although that could have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

They're somewhere between €45-€55 in the rage (more if boxed). That should include the console, power supply, video cable (usually a scart) and one controller. Also, they do test the console first before giving it to you, at least they did when i got my Saturn in there.

If you want to go online, Adverts usually has a few floating around but the prices can be steep as most people sell them in bundles with games/accessories and usually want to offload the whole lot in one go. if you're new to Dreamcast, that could be a good thing but if it's just replacing a broken one, maybe not.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You can try Rage in Dblin. Their game prices are a rip off but their console prices were ok although that could have changed.
    The console is the gateway drug. They know we need to buy games to feed the habbit! *hugs copy of Shenmue*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They don't have any scart cables in Rage, you'll get a AV composite cable which are awful. If you are getting a retro console make sure you get a RGB cable for it otherwise it will look awful on any TV, especially modern ones.

I got a scart off them when i got my Saturn, maybe it's not standard practise but they definitely have them

I got a scart off them when i got my Saturn, maybe it's not standard practise but they definitely have them

Ah, sorry about that, they just usually have the composite red, white and yellow cables and also the fact they banned me from facebook for recommending RGB scart cables to someone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ah, sorry about that, they just usually have the composite red, white and yellow cables and also the fact they banned me from facebook for recommending RGB scart cables to someone :)

ooh you anarchist! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Edit

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Next time I'm in dublin I'm going to rage,I'm looking for a Saturn and a Dreamcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

Ya I checked rages website and their currently sold out of dreamcasts! It would be a bit far for me to go to their shop in Dublin just for the Dreamcast so I wont bother with em I'm hanging to get back in to Shenmue!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

Edit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Edit

BeerWolf wrote: »
    - House of the Dead 2 [with 2 light guns]

I have that but only with one light gun (and a 3rd party one at that) but alas, the last CRT tv is gone so i'm resigned to just playing the Wii version :(

I'm closing this, it's turning into a buy and sell thread and they aren't allowed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement