Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

only house on my street with no efibre

Options
  • 06-02-2015 4:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Can anyone help all homes in my area are efibre but my home is not is this a common problem no help from customer care

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

sideknife wrote: »
    Can anyone help all homes in my area are efibre but my home is not is this a common problem no help from customer care
    Hi sideknife

Please PM me your address and I will look in to this further for you

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sideknife

pm sent thanks Alan

pm sent thanks Alan
    Thanks sideknife

I am sending a request for clarification to efibre planning, as soon as I have more information I'll be back to you right away

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Thanks sideknife

I am sending a request for clarification to efibre planning, as soon as I have more information I'll be back to you right away

Thanks
    Al

Can you do the same for me please? I am in the same situation.

*Kol* wrote: »
    Thanks sideknife

Thanks
    Al

Can you do the same for me please? I am in the same situation.
    Sure *Kol*

PM me your details

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

pm sent thanks Alan
    Thanks sideknife

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Allan,

Any chance you could also look at mine?

Thanks
    blu

pm sent thanks Alan
    Thanks for PMing your details sideknife

Unfortunately I have limited access to lines not currently with eircom and the best advice I can offer is to contact your provider for more information. Ultimately it seems as though your line is currently not connected to the serving VDSL (fibre cabnet) - This is quite odd as your neghbours lines are also not with eircom and still qualify for efibre.

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news sideknife.

Thanks
    Al

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    pm sent thanks Alan
    Thanks sideknife

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Allan,

Thanks
    blu
    Hi blu,

Sure, feel free to PM me your land line number or address

Thanks
    Al

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi *Koi*

I can confrim that your line is currently connected directly to the exchange, and this is the case for your whole estate. Lines connected directly to the exchange are not served via local cabinets and utilise slightly different cable path infrastructure which currently is not included in the existing plans for efibre.

efibre operations have confirmed that works on a new product to offer directly fed lines have been agreed & hopes are that they are will be implemented and available within 12 months. We should have more news on this in the summer
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]
    Thanks
    Al[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi *Koi*

I can confrim that your line is currently connected directly to the exchange, and this is the case for your whole estate. Lines connected directly to the exchange are not served via local cabinets and utilise slightly different cable path infrastructure which currently is not included in the existing plans for efibre.

efibre operations have confirmed that works on a new product to offer directly fed lines have been agreed & hopes are that they are will be implemented and available within 12 months. We should have more news on this in the summer
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]
    Thanks
    Al[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

Thanks for that Al. Appreciate you looking into it for me.

• Advertisement

*Kol* wrote: »
    Hi *Koi*

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for that Al. Appreciate you looking into it for me.
    You're most welcome *Kol*

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

Hi
    I've sent a PM to Eircom: Reps on 02/02/15 about my eFibre status, but haven't received a reply yet.
    Can you please have a look for me.

(I've resent the PM to Alan now)

lil5 wrote: »
    Hi
    I've sent a PM to Eircom: Reps on 02/02/15 about my eFibre status, but haven't received a reply yet.

Hi lil5

The position of your line is the very same as what I had advised to *Koi* in above post #10

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]While the map indicates that efibre is available to areas located within the shaded green area this is not the case and works to expand efibre reach is set to continue in to the future. This is why there is a note located the map advising:
     "[/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Please note: this map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. To determine if eFibre is available at your home, please enter your home phone number or address into our interactive tool. "
    [/font]

We should have more news on efibre to lines directly fed by the exchange within the next few months.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

Hi

Hi lil5

The position of your line is the very same as what I had advised to *Koi* in above post #10

While the map indicates that efibre is available to areas located within the shaded green area this is not the case and works to expand efibre reach is set to continue in to the future. This is why there is a note located the map advising:
     "
    Please note: this map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. To determine if eFibre is available at your home, please enter your home phone number or address into our interactive tool. "

We should have more news on efibre to lines directly fed by the exchange within the next few months.

Thanks
    Al
    Thank you for your reply.
    Might not be paying the bill to you by the time eFibre is rolled out.

Hi

Hi lil5

While the map indicates that efibre is available to areas located within the shaded green area this is not the case and works to expand efibre reach is set to continue in to the future. This is why there is a note located the map advising:
     "
    Please note: this map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. To determine if eFibre is available at your home, please enter your home phone number or address into our interactive tool. "

Thanks
    Al
    Thank you for your reply.
    Might not be paying the bill to you by the time eFibre is rolled out.
    You're welcome lil5

Sorry I can't offer you better news on this
    AL

Hi Allan,

Thanks
    blu
    Hi blu,

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Any update?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Allan,

Thanks
    blu
    Hi blu,

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Any update?

Thanks
    Hi blu3r0ri0n
    Al is of today, I will follow up on his escalation of case and see if any further information.
    Tony

Hi Allan,

Thanks
    blu
    Hi blu,

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Any update?

Thanks
    Hi blu3r0ri0n
    Al is of today, I will follow up on his escalation of case and see if any further information.
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

Any update?

Thanks

Hi Tony,

Its been a while and I still have not received any updates?

Thanks

Hi Tony,

Thanks
    Hi blu3r0ri0n

I can confirm that efibre is not available to any lines in your housing estate,

I've also had confirmation from efibre operations that there is currently no cabinet scheduled for installation that could serve your specific are efibre broadband however further plans indicating an efibre time frame should be available to us by the end of 2015.

I'm sorry I could not offer you better news right now

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Tony,

Thanks
    Hi blu3r0ri0n

I've also had confirmation from efibre operations that there is currently no cabinet scheduled for installation that could serve your specific are efibre broadband however further plans indicating an efibre time frame should be available to us by the end of 2015.

Al
    That's disappointing, especially considering my estate is in between two fiber enabled exchanges that are each around 200 meters away from me, I can actually see one of them from my house!

Hi Tony,

Thanks
    Hi blu3r0ri0n

Al
    That's disappointing, especially considering my estate is in between two fiber enabled exchanges that are each around 200 meters away from me, I can actually see one of them from my house!
    I'm sorry I can't offer you better news blu3r0ri0n

Al

Advertisement