Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweet chili sauce. What do I use it for?

Options
  • 06-02-2015 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

I have been given a bottle of vey spicy home made sweet chili sauce, but do not know what to do with it.

Can anyone recommend using it as I would like to use it for dinner tonight. But as I cook everything from scratch mostly, the concept is freaking me. Its really spicy and I would like to use it to ts full potential.

All suggestions welcome,

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I use it mainly as a dip, for home made chicken goujons etc - but it's really nice added to a stir fry just before serving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Apart from dip I use them as marinade. Combine the sweet chilli sauce, soy and ginger - excellent for salmon and also chicken, especially drumsticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Make falafel for dinner and serve with the sauce, delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Thanks for the suggestions,

Have chicken breasts in buttermilk, will mix with corn flour and fry, should go well I think

Nature to coat in sauce before serving or serve sauce on the side,

I used to work witha guy who poured this sauce over everything, can't believe this is freaking me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Its lovely with noodles. Mix to taste with cold cooked rice noodles, thin slices of raw yellow and red peppers and spring onion diced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I simply love it on egg fried rice.

I usually put enough veg into the rice to make it a dish on it's own, flavour it with a bit of dark soy sauce and then drizzle over the sweet chili...mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Make wedges from scratch. Combine sweet chili sauce with mayo for the best wedge dip ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

This may sound odd but try mix some into your scrambled eggs - really tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Blinis, with cream cheese and smoked salmon, and then sweet chili sauce on top = a taste explosion.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Naos wrote: »
    This may sound odd but try mix some into your scrambled eggs - really tasty.

Yes. Similarly, sriracha. Adding sriracha to scrambled eggs has changed my world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Make a lovely noodle broth with it.
    Water+1 and a half chicken stock cubes per person + sweet chili sauce.

Then add in your meat/veg/noodles. Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Use as a glaze on roast chicken breast. Sweet sticky chili goodness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I use it as a glaze - pour over chicken or salmon for last 10 minutes in the oven. Great standby to have in the fridge.

Add peanut butter to it, will make a lovely spicy satay sauce. BBC good food have a satay recipe which is pretty good.

Advertisement