Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballybeg Brick by Brick

Options
  • 06-02-2015 11:37am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If you can help out the fundraising campaign for Ballybeg in aid of the St. Saviour's GAA Clubhouse, the Youth Resource Centre and the St. Saviour's Boxing Club then why not contribute to the Brick by Brick campaign? More info below..
    This is an official fundraising page for the Ballybeg Brick by Brick campaign in aid of the St. Saviour's GAA Clubhouse, the Youth Resource Centre and the St. Saviour's Boxing Club which were all extensively damaged by fire in Waterford City recently.

We need your help to rebuild these vital community resources.

All donations are welcome. No donation is too small or too big - please give only what you can.

https://www.ifundraise.ie/1795_ballybeg-brick-by-brick.html

Thanks to Waterford Blaa for pointing this out to me earlier in the week via PM!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,433 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have the greatest respect for the community spirit in Ballybeg (I had some dealings with the organisers in the past), and would love to see the premises rebuilt. It is difficult to imagine so much damage being done by one self-absorbed person.

One thing immediately comes to mind though, did they not have insurance? Surely the entire cost of rebuilding is not dependent on donations?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

looksee wrote: »
    I have the greatest respect for the community spirit in Ballybeg (I had some dealings with the organisers in the past), and would love to see the premises rebuilt. It is difficult to imagine so much damage being done by one self-absorbed person.

One thing immediately comes to mind though, did they not have insurance? Surely the entire cost of rebuilding is not dependent on donations?

They all had insurance alright.

Advertisement