Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton V Liverpool 5.30pm Sat 7th Feb

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Another win for the mighty reds,methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

2-1 Reds.
    - Go ahead from a Hendo finish, put through by 'O Mágico'
    - Concede from a set piece (that's the only way we concede now)
    - Studdidge off the bench with the winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Dickerty wrote: »
    2-1 Reds.
    - Go ahead from a Hendo finish, put through by 'O Mágico'
    - Concede from a set piece (that's the only way we concede now)
    - Studdidge off the bench with the winner

You forgot a stunning free kick from Stevie G, 3-1

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This is one of those clichéd 'form goes out the window' type games to a certain extent. Hopefully Liverpool can retain that surprising solidity they have discovered recently, and keep their fluency as well, but add a bit more cutting edge. It'll be a tougher game than Everton's form suggests although their win against Palace and fresher legs will be important for them too.

I'll still go for a 0-2 scoreline though, with the second coming late enough. Any win would delight me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Interesting to see if Gerrard starts. I think it would be pure sentiment if he does. With the current players available I can't think of an eleven with Gerrard in it which is better that without him. Would be great to have him as an impact sub on the bench too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Interesting to see if Gerrard starts. I think it would be pure sentiment if he does. With the current players available I can't think of an eleven with Gerrard in it which is better that without him. Would be great to have him as an impact sub on the bench too.
    Can't see Gerrard not starting. Really looking forward to this game. If Sturridge starts it would be hard to not give the advantage to Liverpool.

CSF wrote: »
    Can't see Gerrard not starting. Really looking forward to this game. If Sturridge starts it would be hard to not give the advantage to Liverpool.

Where do you start him though if Sturridge starts? You can't drop Coutinho or Sterling from the front three. He has been a disaster in a midfield two for years. Lucas/Henderson is miles ahead of anything Gerrard offers alongside one of them and if anything is hugely detrimental to the whole team. I just dont see how he starts unless Sturridge plays form the bench again which means we can play Sterling up top with Gerrard and Coutinho behind.

He has been a disaster in a midfield two for years.

Everyone sees it except Brendan.

Where do you start him though if Sturridge starts? You can't drop Coutinho or Sterling from the front three. He has been a disaster in a midfield two for years. Lucas/Henderson is miles ahead of anything Gerrard offers alongside one of them and if anything is hugely detrimental to the whole team. I just dont see how he starts unless Sturridge plays form the bench again which means we can play Sterling up top with Gerrard and Coutinho behind.

If both Gerrard and Sturridge start I reckon that Markovic will be the one to make way, with Henderson playing right wing back instead, and Gerrard playing ahead of Lucas.

I'm not sure that'll help our balance, but if everyone else is fit that's about the only way he does start surely. Lucas had a slight strain during the week so if he doesn't make it Gerrard might be back deep again though, but I think he should be ok to start from what I've read.

I'd play him ahead of Lallana, based on recent form. It was only a month ago that he scored a brace in consecutive games. Always a goal threat from frees, and would take any penalties.

I think he needs to start, Lucas' return will give him license to spray it to Moreno , Marko and Hendo...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The Rodgers 100th game in charge so a good game to win! :D

I doubt Sturridge will be starting this one so Gerrard will probably be behind Sterling with Lucas (if fit) and Hendo in the middle. Markovic looked a bit crooked when he went off.

I think he will play I just dont think if you were picking your best eleven on merit tommorow presuming Sturridge starts that he should be starting.

Is it true Everton are playing you'll never walk alone before the game for him as a mark of respect? Surely not?

The Rodgers 100th game in charge so a good game to win! :D

I doubt Sturridge will be starting this one so Gerrard will probably be behind Sterling with Lucas (if fit) and Hendo in the middle. Markovic looked a bit crooked when he went off.

Agreed, so let Ibe have a go at the Right Wing?

Migs
    -Can--Skrtel--Sakho-
    Lucas
    -Ibe--Hendo--Moreno-
    --Stevie---Coutinho--
    Sterling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd be happy to see that line up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Agreed, so let Ibe have a go at the Right Wing?

Migs
    -Can--Skrtel--Sakho-
    Lucas
    -Ibe--Hendo--Moreno-
    --Stevie---Coutinho--
    Sterling

Looks good to me - Ibe might be more suited to this type of rough & tumble game. Markovic is coming along nicely and was not the only player to feel the pain when the beat dropped at Bolton, Sterling & Coutinho picked up knocks also, but maybe the wildcard will come off..

Ibe would be able to keep pace with Baines down that wing as well, and can attack from deep like Markovic has been doing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Liverpool should win this handily. Wigan have been shocking this season.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Liverpool should win this handily. Wigan have been shocking this season.

Bravo... :D

Is it true Everton are playing you'll never walk alone before the game for him as a mark of respect? Surely not?

I'd say there would be uproar in Goodison if they did for a reasonably spurious reason like that.

There is a reasonable chance he may well be back at the club on loan in January anyhow for a few months, so it might not be his last derby anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

With Gerrard playing the full 90 against Bolton (and probably being our worst player) I wouldn't be surprised if he started on the bench.

I think we should be lining up with our strongest 11 (assuming Sturridge is fit) and that doesn't include Gerrard.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    I'd say there would be uproar in Goodison if they did for a reasonably spurious reason like that.

There is a reasonable chance he may well be back at the club on loan in January anyhow for a few months, so it might not be his last derby anyhow.

I'm listening to the daytrippers podcast atm and they are talking about it as if it is happening. Someone basically saying no chance Gerrard doesn't start with all that is going on. Hillsborough memorial being unveiled before the game and they're playing you'll never walk alone for Gerrard as a mark of respect because it is his last derby etc. No one corrected him unless it is some kind of in joke on the podcast that I'm not getting but it really didn't seem that way. I also find it incredibly hard to believe it will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Someone who uses twitter tweet Moley and ask, if he says that it is happening then it's not.

Personally can't see it...but it would cause outrage amongst 'football fans' , never mind the Everton ones on here or the ones living in Everton.

Gbear wrote: »
    With Gerrard playing the full 90 against Bolton (and probably being our worst player) I wouldn't be surprised if he started on the bench.

I think we should be lining up with our strongest 11 (assuming Sturridge is fit) and that doesn't include Gerrard.

Himself and Lallana/Markovic were the least effective players against Bolton, all 3 of them wont be dropped. Gerrard has the leadership & experience to handle the high pressure derby games so he gets my vote ahead of the other 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Evertons form has been shocking this season and pool are coming into some great, form, don't let 2 wins in the last five games fool you. Also Sturidge is back.

On Gerrard, I've just bought him as a 17 year old regen in my Pro master league, what a player, could do everything, Stevie in his prime there's not many better than him.

Anyway easy victory for the red men but the scoreline won't reflect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Surely this game is tailored for Ballotelli?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Luap wrote: »
    Surely this game is tailored for Ballotelli?

What makes you say that?

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Evertons form has been shocking this season and pool are coming into some great, form, don't let 2 wins in the last five games fool you. Also Sturidge is back.

On Gerrard, I've just bought him as a 17 year old regen in my Pro master league, what a player, could do everything, Stevie in his prime there's not many better than him.

Anyway easy victory for the red men but the scoreline won't reflect that.

Do you have a temperature? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

ilm_ghostbusters.jpg
    There ya go, not so nice now.

Can't see anything but a Liverpool win, if we play like we play when we are good. Seriously though its a massive must win game and we may hit a few scores if we want the bonus point.

x43r0 wrote: »
    What makes you say that?

Maybe he has a blue suit?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Ibe would be able to keep pace with Baines down that wing as well, and can attack from deep like Markovic has been doing...
    Baines isnt quick....he gets forward a lot but he isnt quick. Would fancy any of out wide players to easily out pace him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I'm listening to the daytrippers podcast atm and they are talking about it as if it is happening. Someone basically saying no chance Gerrard doesn't start with all that is going on. Hillsborough memorial being unveiled before the game and they're playing you'll never walk alone for Gerrard as a mark of respect because it is his last derby etc. No one corrected him unless it is some kind of in joke on the podcast that I'm not getting but it really didn't seem that way. I also find it incredibly hard to believe it will happen.

Are you deluded?

Jesus this gerrard thing is getting out of hand, he's not dying or anything.

I'm going with a phenomenal 2-2 win for everton tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gavlor wrote: »
    Are you deluded?

Jesus this gerrard thing is getting out of hand, he's not dying or anything.

I'm going with a phenomenal 2-2 win for everton tomorrow.

Do away goals come into play after extra time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Knex. wrote: »
    Do away goals come into play after extra time?

nope, martinez will take a 2-2 win

I dont care how **** Gerrard has been lately(and he has stunk the place out a few times)he has to start tomorrow. He always finds something extra when playing The Ev. Hope he scores the winner and shows them his arse afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

With Owaynette coming from the rear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

1 nil the pool, peno,gerrard, 95min

Turtyturd wrote: »

Sure where else would ya find him?

1 nil the pool, peno,gerrard, 95min

Followed by a showing of his arse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Liverpool will need to beat the lower midtable teams like Everton to retain their upper midtable status

Going for an away win here

Turtyturd wrote: »

3ry8w4.jpg

• Advertisement

eyGexgc.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Are Everton even playing in this match tomorrow? The ad on Sky Sports for the game makes it look like its Stevie G's testimonial and I expect 3 ex reds on the panel to drool over him.

Everton to win 1-0. Besic to cut Gerrard in half with a tackle early on. Similar to the one Gerrard did on Gary Naysmith about 15 years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Are Everton even playing in this match tomorrow? The ad on Sky Sports for the game makes it look like its Stevie G's testimonial and I expect 3 ex reds on the panel to drool over him.

Everton to win 1-0. Besic to cut Gerrard in half with a tackle early on. Similar to the one Gerrard did on Gary Naysmith about 15 years ago

Basically this but including Gerrard falling over his arse in hysterical circumstances while gifting a goal to anyone on the Everton team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

emmm... fruity in here today I must say

Similar to what I, said earlier, Markovic is the one to miss out for Gerrard according to the usual leaked lineup. I assume it'll be Henderson shunted right and Gerrard CM ahead of Lucas.

I reckon it'd line up like.

Mignolet
    ---Can--Skrtel--Sakho
    Henderson
    Moreno
    ----Lucas---Gerrard---
    Coutinho
    --Sterling--Sturridge--

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

So the EV to give Gerrard a guard of honour tomorrow and all non Liverpool fans to look like this

tumblr_inline_nbcnonSea71rbmqgm.gif

Liverpool to win by 6

So the EV to give Gerrard a guard of honour tomorrow and all non Liverpool fans to look like this

I haven't done a lot of research into this, but I think it's just a twitter windup by Liverpool fans. I'd be surprised if it was in any way real.

5starpool wrote: »
    I haven't done a lot of research into this, but I think it's just a twitter windup by Liverpool fans. I'd be surprised if it was in any way real.

Ah I'm only joking.

[IMG][/img]http://media.tumblr.com/d6a4a8cefeeb00f9a47423c46aa064c4/tumblr_inline_nbcnonSea71rbmqgm.gif

Liverpool to win by 6

Adventure Time...savage.

Adventure Time...savage.

Cartoons these days have a real feeling that the writers take copious amounts of yolks...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement