Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio/Comms setup

Options
  • 06-02-2015 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,Just looking for some advice on a Milsim comms setup...
    Currently I am using a PX777 with Bowman III Headset and UV94 PTT,Its working great however I'm looking for something more...

I have seen a couple of Polish lads playing up in SimTac and Bellurgan with great radio setups,it looks like they have some sort of "TacBe" on their shoulder linked up to a sturdy looking radio,I'm just wondering if anyone knows a nice setup like this (preferably under 220 euro)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Hey Mate,

Baofeng UV-5R, Z-Tach PTT, and headset / throatmike kit of you're choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Correct me if am wrong but aren't baofengs not PMR?? so by right they require a licence?.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Intek mt 5050 and they take a icom plug so any headset you want really.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Correct me if am wrong but aren't baofengs not PMR?? so by right they require a licence?.

As far as I remember they fall into a grey area, since they can be used on 466Mhz and limited to .5 watts.
    Outside of that is an issue if you are caught.

I think.

Advertisement